Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New songs v old ones

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
The MK Dons away game I recently attended highlighted to me that I will be one of thousands at the Amex that will only really know the songs from the Goldstone era. The Bennett song was decent but only about 20 people knew it and the words and ALBION, ALBION (Liverpool copy) is a tad boring after a while and when you hear the likes of Celtic (recently pasted to this site) and even Norwich tonight singing "I just cant get enough" it makes you think.

And when will the Albion fans stop ooohhhhhhing (ur shit) at goal kicks ?? this surely has to go at the Amex ?

At Withdean (note I've only been to a few since STH in 2002) its never really been easy to get new or old songs going so my impression is people stick to the basics i.e Seeeeeeaaagullllssss etc.

So my question is what songs will the new North be singing ?? will they (we but East Stand Block D may not be the noisiest) go back and dig out some oldies or is that now part of history ??

What are the other singing areas at Amex ? I've got loads of mates in the WSU so im guessing that may be vocal as well ?

One last word.. Having only just rejoined NSC after a good 10 years away I must say I have really enjoyed the banter on here over the past few weeks and I am amazed at people with thousands of posts.. I think I saw 40,000 odd .. wow !

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Your right, the song situation could be better. The ALBION, ALBION chant does become very boring quickly. GOSBTS is sung 10 times too fast. We have very few decent songs for the players, although the Bennett one is starting to catch on now.

Not sure what will happen when we get to The Amex.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Think things are going to be just fine-so long as the stewards don't go ott-even the Eaststand will be good all those dads new and old will want to show the youngsters how to sing.

The West upper will be loud.
The West lower will be close to the way fans at 1 end
The North goes without saying
It really will be great.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
The MK Dons away game I recently attended highlighted to me that I will be one of thousands at the Amex that will only really know the songs from the Goldstone era. The Bennett song was decent but only about 20 people knew it and the words and ALBION, ALBION (Liverpool copy) is a tad boring after a while and when you hear the likes of Celtic (recently pasted to this site) and even Norwich tonight singing "I just cant get enough" it makes you think.

And when will the Albion fans stop ooohhhhhhing (ur shit) at goal kicks ?? this surely has to go at the Amex ?

At Withdean (note I've only been to a few since STH in 2002) its never really been easy to get new or old songs going so my impression is people stick to the basics i.e Seeeeeeaaagullllssss etc.

So my question is what songs will the new North be singing ?? will they (we but East Stand Block D may not be the noisiest) go back and dig out some oldies or is that now part of history ??

What are the other singing areas at Amex ? I've got loads of mates in the WSU so im guessing that may be vocal as well ?

One last word.. Having only just rejoined NSC after a good 10 years away I must say I have really enjoyed the banter on here over the past few weeks and I am amazed at people with thousands of posts.. I think I saw 40,000 odd .. wow !

I guess it will be up to you and like-minded individuals to get it going, and to teach people some of the old songs.

the MK Dons away support was terrible, never been more uncomfortable as an albion fan as i was then.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
The WSU and NS will provide most noise which will then make the WSL loud as songs will be heard everywhere..then the family stand always try to generate noise. This has the potential to be one hell of a stadium

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Seen this website?

Albion Chants

I have always liked 'Brighton Aces' as in 'All of us, you should have seen us coming, everywhere was blue and white...' but not many newbies seem to know it yet?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Why does every new poster have to start a thread about songs? There needs to be an ***Official*** I'm A JCL And This Is My Song Suggestion Thread.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
Most of the people on here are either:
1.Funny
2.Talk a lot of sense about the Albion and other related stuff
3.Know nothing about football but try to be nice

You, 'Kazenga <3' are none of the above and an absolute cock

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
After a couple of weeks brighton fans will be moaning at other brighton fans about the lack of atmosphere. WSU will complain about the amount of H-block spastics in the north stand. North stand will complain about the number of self righteous ***** in the WSU. I give it 2 home games...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Most of the people on here are either:
1.Funny
2.Talk a lot of sense about the Albion and other related stuff
3.Know nothing about football but try to be nice

You, 'Kazenga <3' are none of the above and an absolute cock

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4091068 said:
I'd like to see more continental style songs at games, makes for a much more uplifting and intimidating atmosphere then the same old gubbins nicked off Soccer AM and every other club going.

I agree, having been to some games outside of the UK, the singing and chanting is so much more impressive. Some of those fans just sing non stop for entrie games. In the UK Liverpool and United both have some quite good, longish songs, as do Stoke (Delilah) and Welsh fans with Men of Harlech (although often just 'der der der der de de'), and one or two Scottish teams, but generaly it is a poor show. I know it's been said a hundred times, but a well sung GOSBTS would be a step in the right direction.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree, having been to some games outside of the UK, the singing and chanting is so much more impressive. Some of those fans just sing non stop for entrie games. In the UK Liverpool and United both have some quite good, longish songs, as do Stoke (Delilah) and Welsh fans with Men of Harlech (although often just 'der der der der de de'), and one or two Scottish teams, but generaly it is a poor show. I know it's been said a hundred times, but a well sung GOSBTS would be a step in the right direction.

Chants don't even need lyrics to be good. Just don't understand this country's obsession with singing the same old crap, ie the Tom Hark tune. That one alone irritates the teats off me.

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
Seen this website?

Albion Chants

I have always liked 'Brighton Aces' as in 'All of us, you should have seen us coming, everywhere was blue and white...' but not many newbies seem to know it yet?

What a Great website.. thank you LadySeagull ! Glad to see another jibe at the lack of posts too ! very consitsant...

I was'nt aware you had to have an original topic before you can start a thread.... maybe Kazenga <3 could explain what the old Goldstone songs got to do with JCL ?? If you didnt like the topic dont f***ing read it .. cock !

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
What a Great website.. thank you LadySeagull ! Glad to see another jibe at the lack of posts too ! very consitsant...

I was'nt aware you had to have an original topic before you can start a thread.... maybe Kazenga <3 could explain what the old Goldstone songs got to do with JCL ?? If you didnt like the topic dont f***ing read it .. cock !

I will explain once you reach 500 posts and you membership reaches 2 months. Until then don't bother talking to me as you are not worthy.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

The MK Dons match must have been one of the worst games this year for atmosphere. At Brentford, Orient and Daggenham there was a great selection of songs, some old some new so things aren't that dire, you just picked a bad match at a rubbish ground for singing. At Brentford, the Bennett song went on for over 5 minutes with hundreds singing it.

The thing is, you are never going to please everyone so having a good selection is the answer, The players obviously like it if we sing about them (e.g. Ankergren, Bennett, Noone applaud us) so we should really have more songs for individual players. Some people think that we shouldn't adapt songs that fans from other team sing but then they probably adapted them too to make them their own - You'll never walk alone is Liverpool's own but it's also Celtic's. Singing Alllbbbiiiioooonnn & Seagulls is great as long as there are lots of other songs to sing, both new and old. Some old chants like "He's here, he's there, he's every f**king where, (Norman Gall, Norman Gall!) could be adapted to add to our song locker. One started in D Block on Saturday - "We've got a new home, we've got a new home, Withdean is a shithole, we've got a new home" sung to Sloop John B was a great and humorous chant that went on and on and hopefully will be sung at Falmer. The main thing about singing is it shows our support for the team, it would be great if we had some mega singing like the continental uberfans, but if the players hear a constant loud support driving them on then I don't suppose they think "Oh no! Not 'We are Brighton, Super Brighton' again!"

And "ooohhhhhhing (ur shit)" has sounded really good this year (again away) particularly when their goalie has spent ages taking the kick so it just goes on and on and then the "Aaaaggghhhhh's" go on and on too. (It was funny, I suppose you just really had to be there!).

I must admit I'm in the "GOSBTS is the best possible song but it's sung way too fast" camp. Surely if you're a Brighton fan, you'd look on it as you duty to learn the following:

Now is the time for marching
Now let your hearts be gay
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me
And I'll sing you a song, as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

For we're the men from Sussex
Sussex by the sea,
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men we are we:
And when you go from Sussex,
Whoever you may be,
You tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the sea.

Oh, Sussex, Sussex by the sea
Good old Sussex by the Sea
And we're going up and we'll win the cup
For Sussex by the sea.

And then sing it at the right speed.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I must admit I'm in the "GOSBTS is the best possible song but it's sung way too fast" camp. Surely if you're a Brighton fan, you'd look on it as you duty to learn the following:

Now is the time for marching
Now let your hearts be gay
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me
And I'll sing you a song, as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

For we're the men from Sussex
Sussex by the sea,
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men we are we:
And when you go from Sussex,
Whoever you may be,
You tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the sea.

Oh, Sussex, Sussex by the sea
Good old Sussex by the Sea
And we're going up and we'll win the cup
For Sussex by the sea.

And then sing it at the right speed.
THIS. Particularly like the wording of the chorus (although I'd go with "Oh we're going up and we'll win the cup!"...).

With "congregational practice" guided by the big screens before every home game this must surely be achievable....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here