Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Signings - Anyone Got Any Ideas

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've heard a Scottish goalkeeper is coming down for talks next week, and a full back is as good as signed up already.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Paul Ifill keeps being brought up, wouldnt be suprising as he is from down here, and would be a great signing if we can keep him fit. Peltier and Aaron Davies wouldnt be suprising either, both would be known by Slade.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I think Ifill would be a no, as already signed a wide man, definitely need a keeper and a midfield playmaker, probably a full back if Whing goes to Walsall !!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I think Ifill would be a no, as already signed a wide man, definitely need a keeper and a midfield playmaker, probably a full back if Whing goes to Walsall !!

I think we really need another winger, im not a fan of Cox, ill give him credit that he improved under slade but would like another winger. We saw last season how inconsistent Cox was, we have lost fraser who was used out wide, we have lost loft who was used out wide and Mcleod was never fit. Imo we need another winger and if Murray goes obviously another striker, as well as a new keeper, cover for mcnulty..... the list goes on.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
McLeod is a liability, i know he got crocked early, but he needs a rocket up his arse...
Hawkins nice guy but not good enough on last seasons performances.
El-Abd too inconsistent at best on the bench.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
The other question is will we be spending out any cash on transfers????

The recent rumours re the two at southend/robinson from watford and simpson from Coventry all had us linked with big fees so it ill be interesting to see how much Tb will be giving RS to spend over the coming weeks.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Sure it said in the Argus that Slade was after another Winger, but not knowing what foot Wright is have no idea if it is a right or left one

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sure it said in the Argus that Slade was after another Winger, but not knowing what foot Wright is have no idea if it is a right or left one

I think he is a right winger. We have been linked with a Premier League winger on loan and a Championship winger on a permanent deal (whether Slade is after either/or or both I am not sure). Even if we only sign one and assume it is a left winger it puts McLeod well down the list with Cox able to play either side and Hart able to play on the right too.

Should be an interesting few weeks as I imagine we will want to sign all our players as early as possible and we need to strengthen all areas, let a few reserves go (and possibly Lynch and Murray) and change the backroom staff.

My view is we need a goalkeeper, right back (could be Whing if he signs the contract), left back, at least three new midfielders (including Dicker) and a striker. You could also add a centre half, another midfielder or two and another striker to that list.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Federico Balzaretti, you heard it here first. :thumbsup:

26 year old left back from Italy who plays for Palermo but whom wants out.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I think Aaron Davies is a potential target, the swap deal with Lynch makes sense and I think he's a realistic player to target.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Known as 'Balzac' by most fans, he grew up since the age of 6 in the Torino youth system, debuting for the granata in season 2002-03. After a couple of seasons on loan to Varese and Siena, 'Balzac' was heavily involved in the 2004-05 Serie B campaign of Torino, which brought the team to a Serie A promotion.

However, as Torino disbanded right after that promotion, 'Balzac' was released in a free transfer, and was signed by city arch-rivals Juventus. In 2005-06 he was part of the first team for the bianconeri, often playing as regular under orders of coach Fabio Capello, and finally winning the Serie A league.

'Balzac's' first ever senior goal game on 17 February 2007, in Serie B, as Juventus beat Crotone 5-0. He was sold to Fiorentina on July 2007, but failed to impress with the viola as he made only six appearances in the first half of the Serie A 2007-08, and was subsequently signed by Palermo in a permanent move during the January transfer market.[1] At Palermo, he took the #42 jersey as a homage to his father, who was born in 1942; in his tenure with the Sicilian side, he immediately established himself as a mainstay, playing regularly for the rosanero also in the following 2008–09 season.

seems unlikely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here