Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt has arrived

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Christ it's just a shirt

And not a very good one at that.

If I still bought replica shirts I'd not spend money on this one-I really dislike the back of the shirt being a solid colour. Horrible.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
the shiny black iron on transfer on the red and black is even worse, like some fan's done a mock-up, but they aren't very good at design and photoshop.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Cheaper and easier to manufacture. Nike are possibly taking the piss out of us a little bit, or maybe Barber just opted for the cheaper option FFP style.

Yes I get that but we're talking Nike here, you'd think they have the economies of scale that "printing" (or whatever the process is called) the sponsors wouldn't involve huge incremental cost or effort. I'm not in the trade but the unit cost of doing it properly must be pennies and there's a big enough margin in these things to lose that

I just went and compared to my Errea shirt and the difference is staggering.

With all the money sploshing around in football you'd think you'd get a better job than something that the fella down by the beach does for day trippers.

Anyway mine has gone back with a suitably worded note enclosed as to why - not that anyone will pay the slightest notice

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Will be keeping last years blue and white stripes and the Amex commemorative one as my home kits for a while. None of this stick on logo rubbish.

However, the away kit does tempt me as I love red and black stripes. Dilema !
Look at how shite the logo on the front looks and you'll change your mind. It looks so tacky and cheap.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm sure if someone provided instructions on how to remove the tacky plastic Amex patch the shirt would become a best seller. If that turns out to be impossible there will be some urgent emails flying off to Nike to find a way of revising how the sponsors name appears.
American Express can't be happy with how their company name is being displayed. Whoever signed it off needs to start looking for another job.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
As expected the iron on logo looks awful. Doesn't appear to have stopped people ordering it though if the record sales are true.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Its so stupid, isn't it? Iron-on lettering would actually have looked absolutely fine. They just needed to design in a rectangular gap in the stripes, to form the white background.

And if they had done that they could have printed the logo into the shirt.

Nike are taking the piss and our 'marketing' team have been made to look like mugs by accepting such poor quality in the club's major merchandising item. Should have stuck with Errea, who for all the flack they got turned out a few decent shirts over the years.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Strange that people get excited by a 45 pound price of nylon a child has been paid 70p an hour to make.

Excited, no not really ... but lots do buy shirts as lots don't. I do agree your 70p statement though, it might not be entirely accurate but for 75p they could have done the job properly.

As someone else said whoever signed off the production of this product needs to have a little chat with their boss, but then I wonder how far up the food chain the samples went ???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Hopefully they'll soon be releasing some decent classic Nike polo shirts soon with no sponsors names on them. The club probably don't want to release them yet because it would impact on the match shirt sales.
As a 50 year old I was tempted to get a match shirt because there's a part of me that still thinks I'm 30, but the ironed on sponsors logo has fortunately made up my mind for me.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I replied before. Same answer: no, it's a bespoke kit, created for the Albion.

You can buy plain versions of the 2nd and 3rd, without badges, from numerous online stores. Links in other kit threads.

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
Perhaps the powers that be see this is as a 'foot in the door' with Nike.

"Yeah we'll let you give us whatever you want and then perhaps in 2 years you'll make us the best kit ever?"

Lots of clubs are switching to Nike, they've got too many teams to make bespoke kits for and perhaps this has led to a few of the bigger clubs switching suppliers, Arsenal for example and of course Man Ure shortly after.

Stumpy Tim

The poor quality is more baffling when you consider this classic kit is only £20 at the moment

20140626-162740-7617_420x315_w.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here