Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Season Ticket cards / package...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I heard a rumor the new cards contain a GPS chip in them, and for every minute the holder arrives late/leaves early, they will be deducted one loyalty point.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I skim read this and assumed it was the usual one for new ST holders only.

Bit miffed about this as I paid for a new one about 3 months ago :censored:

I still don't understand why they wait till the last possible moment to send these out.

Why did you pay for a new one? any faulty cards will be replaced by the club for free.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
There was a small loophole in the transport system. In theory someone who has changed seats could pass there old season ticket on to a non-footballing associate who they could meet in town after the game. I have no idea if anyone has actually ever done this, but new cards all round would close this off.

Why would it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I showed the bus driver my Boots Advantage card after an evening match

LOL. Not sure I've ever shown a ticket at all........if you're wearing any form of colours they just seem to let you through anyway. Maybe the checking is about to get more stringent

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wallet was stolen- not covered

so your wallet was stolen and the albion wouldn't print a new card for you?

if so that is pathetic!

My brother lost his membership card for Hudds and phoned the office up and was issued a new one that arrived two days later with his credit balance loaded on it. no cost and didnt even pay the postage.

maybe its because we live in the "affluent " south and the club can get away with it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I skim read this and assumed it was the usual one for new ST holders only.

Bit miffed about this as I paid for a new one about 3 months ago :censored:

I still don't understand why they wait till the last possible moment to send these out.

I believe this was covered last season. Basically the club think we are too stupid to be trusted with season tickets arriving in the off season as we will probably lose them. This will cause chaos ( which sending them out late will also cause) at the first home game as people arrive having lost their new season tickets and trying to get replacements sorted.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
LOL. Not sure I've ever shown a ticket at all........if you're wearing any form of colours they just seem to let you through anyway. Maybe the checking is about to get more stringent

I remember a bus driver stopping the bus on the way to Withdean once and refusing to move on until everyone shut up and the chimps on the upper deck stopped jumping up & down :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Hope not.

I quite often flash my Albion season ticket to the bus driver on Saturdays when we're playing away and just say "matchday travel", to blag a freebie ride. After all, that day IS a matchday. The fact we're playing up in Yorkshire or something is of no relevance. The driver barely glances at it and probably doesn't know or care whether we're home or away.

Works for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hope not.

I quite often flash my Albion season ticket to the bus driver on Saturdays when we're playing away and just say "matchday travel", to blag a freebie ride. After all, that day IS a matchday. The fact we're playing up in Yorkshire or something is of no relevance. The driver barely glances at it and probably doesn't know or care whether we're home or away.

Works for me.

Driver must be an IDIOT. We hardly EVER played on a Saturday last season.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Hope not.

Works for me.

I bet you don't...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Little known fact but the RFID technology isn't "meat free" as the passive aerial is treated with a protein that is most abundant in South Atlantic penguins.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here