Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The club state the venue will be used for “music gigs”. I wonder what exactly this means? Be amazing if it’s a proper music venue like others in Brighton but difficult to see how they can book gigs day in, day out given there will be inevitable clashes with games.

Looks like the end of Dick’s Bar as well.

Overall though, a very positive addition.
Well I guess there are something like 340 days a year where they could use it for something else, so plenty of availability……..bigger problem will be the club not knowing when TV are going to **** about with the fixtures. ‘Dicks New Bar’ will be a named bar within the new structure presumably

Obviously modelled on the Boxparks - which is a good thing imo. Decent venues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well I guess there are something like 340 days a year where they could use it for something else, so plenty of availability……..bigger problem will be the club not knowing when TV are going to **** about with the fixtures. ‘Dicks New Bar’ will be a named bar within the new structure presumably

Obviously modelled on the Boxparks - which is a good thing imo. Decent venues.
That’s my point. There’s lots of availability but how do they deal with a gig, which will be booked months in advance, and a game being moved
to the same time?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That’s what I thought - the pics show it near a lower elevation of the main building with a smallish gap but it’s all a bit ‘artist’s impression’ so can’t be sure
The original plans for additional catering kiosk, toilets and club shop were for the area opposite the ticket offices in the NNW corner. That’s got to be where they’re building it, that’s the location as per the artists impressions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’s my point. There’s lots of availability but how do they deal with a gig, which will be booked months in advance, and a game being moved
to the same time?
Presumably the club can simply say the ground isn’t available on a certain date (as they would now with other factors like Pride etc)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The club state the venue will be used for “music gigs”. I wonder what exactly this means? Be amazing if it’s a proper music venue like others in Brighton but difficult to see how they can book gigs day in, day out given there will be inevitable clashes with games.

Looks like the end of Dick’s Bar as well.

Overall though, a very positive addition.
This looks a clear winner and I am really looking forward to it. There are plenty of events which could be held here. Given over a decade of Hey Jude and an outside DJ who favours Dancing in the Moonlight as pre-match entertainment, I don't think music, is going to be a major draw.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
to the same time?

Presumably they’ll not book gigs for days that matches might be on. International breaks, summer break, etc. still lots of days for gigs.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Exciting project. The benefits of being an established Premier league side.. Be interesting the overall cost and who are the contractors.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
That looks really good and such a positive. Looks like the club have taken the original proposals and really pushed the boat out for something extra special and innovative. With a bit of luck it might help a little with transport, thinning out the rush to leave a little (except on evening games perhaps).
We are so lucky to have Bloom and Barber. None of this will last forever so we should enjoy it whilst we can.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s basically the existing catering outlets and facilities, with a mezzanine built over the top of them to essentially double capacity and a roof & some tables just in front. Nice idea but probably not a game changer?
Looks like plenty of capacity, loads of seating, presumably plenty of catering (no indication it’s just the existing ones), toilets……pretty significant imo. What were you expecting ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Presumably the club can simply say the ground isn’t available on a certain date (as they would now with other factors like Pride etc)
True. But they’d need to block out a lot of dates to deal with scheduled games, potential movement of these scheduled games, potential involvement in all cups plus the potential European fixtures in the coming season. Seems unworkable to me apart from the summer months.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That’s what I thought - the pics show it near a lower elevation of the main building with a smallish gap but it’s all a bit ‘artist’s impression’ so can’t be sure

In this one there’s the seagull on the floor outside the club shop and that row of the trees is the railway line. Exactly where the current beer, burger and chip stalls are. Note the part of the stadium highlighted in red, that’s the north east corner of the stadium where the big roller shutter is.

IMG_8442.jpeg

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Assuming planning won’t be an issue, but I can’t recall why the hotel planning was rejected a couple of years back?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
True. But they’d need to block out a lot of dates to deal with scheduled games, potential movement of these scheduled games, potential involvement in all cups plus potential European fixtures. Seems unworkable to me apart from the summer months

True but it doesn’t look like it going to be a huge venue so probably more for smaller gigs. Maybe even just included it in the plans just to cover all bases.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
True. But they’d need to block out a lot of dates to deal with scheduled games, potential movement of these scheduled games, potential involvement in all cups plus potential European fixtures. Seems unworkable to me.
‘Unworkable’ is a bit of a stretch…….some limitations perhaps but there are max 25-30 games, presumably an ability to stop them being moved to dates when facilities are already booked, plus around 3 months when there’s nothing much at all planned. Summer gigs at the foot of the downs would probably go down well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here