Votes: 168 51.1%
  • Out

Votes: 161 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
CcDpIkWW8AAa2wm.jpg

Mostly, they love us. Except the Cypriots, oddly.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
In the UK true so why add to the risk? The last Gentleman I quoted Chaired the Cobra Intelligence Group, responsible for coordinating the work of the national intelligence agencies, including MI5 and MI6, during the July 2005 London bombings, the Madrid and Bali attacks.He seems to think this is a problem.

The Paris attacks were carried out by a mixture of French/Belgian nationals some who had travelled to Syria for training then came back , some entered Europe via the Greek islands posing as refugees and as far as I am aware their nationality is unknown. Which proves the point about unsafe external borders. Once again why add to the risk?

Genuine question. Assuming you are not advocating closing borders altogether, and that we should take on a number or refugees each year. I am under the impression that many of the (genuine) Syrian refugees don't have passports. Therefore, I also assume it would be very hard to do background checks on where those people have travelled to. So how will coming out of Europe and controlling our own borders make any difference to the number of terrorists who get through posing as refugees?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Genuine question. Assuming you are not advocating closing borders altogether, and that we should take on a number or refugees each year. I am under the impression that many of the (genuine) Syrian refugees don't have passports. Therefore, I also assume it would be very hard to do background checks on where those people have travelled to.

I support balanced controlled immigration. You are right to say it is extremely hard to do background checks on many of theses refugees/migrants which is probably one reason why our government has resisted attempts to take an EU imposed set quota from those arriving in Europe (mainly young men). Instead they focus on taking people from the refugee camps in the region (mainly women and children).

So how will coming out of Europe and controlling our own borders make any difference to the number of terrorists who get through posing as refugees?

Because the vast majority of migrants and refugees who as you pointed could be anyone will gain EU citizenship at some point meaning free movement here. The checks EU citizens get at our borders are 1.) Have you got a valid EU country passport, 2.) Does your face match the picture in the passport ... come on in. Which bizarrely circumvents our refugee policy. If we withdraw from the EU we can not only limit the numbers by setting up a points based system that suits our national interest but ask for additional information on why they are coming here, their history and other information. Plus having the ability to refuse entry unlike in the EU case where they have a right to live and work here.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Latest net Migration figures.

Net migration at 323,000

Net migration was at the second highest level for any 12-month period since comparable records began, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Net migration of EU citizens to the UK in the year was 172,000

Theresa May, who is backing the campaign to remain in the EU, said: "Immigration at this level puts pressure on public services, on housing, on infrastructure… it can hold down wages and push British workers out of jobs."

But she said the EU deal struck last week by Mr Cameron, restricting access to in-work benefits for new arrivals, would "clamp down on abuse of free movement" and "reduce the pull factor of our welfare system and make it easier for us to deport people who are abusing our generosity".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35658731

Theresa May correctly identifies the problems but prefers to put her leadership ambitions before adopting real practical solutions. She knows as well as anyone that Cameron's deal will have little if any effect on these numbers and once again proves the Tories election pledge to reduce net migration to the tens of thousands is worthless.

D

Deleted member 22389

Net migration at 323,000

Net migration was at the second highest level for any 12-month period since comparable records began, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Theresa May, who is backing the campaign to remain in the EU, said: "Immigration at this level puts pressure on public services, on housing, on infrastructure… it can hold down wages and push British workers out of jobs."

But she said the EU deal struck last week by Mr Cameron, restricting access to in-work benefits for new arrivals, would "clamp down on abuse of free movement" and "reduce the pull factor of our welfare system and make it easier for us to deport people who are abusing our generosity".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35658731

Theresa May correctly identifies the problems but prefers to put her leadership ambitions before adopting real practical solutions. She knows as well as anyone that Cameron's deal will have little if any effect on these numbers and once again proves the Tories election pledge to reduce net migration to the tens of thousands is worthless.

Farage the only one who is telling the truth.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Can I just repeat a statistic that I've used before on these threads. Last year we gave 170,000 work permits to non-EU citizens, only 100,000 of these classed as 'skilled'. If net EU-migration of 172,000 is putting pressure 'on public services, on housing, on infrastructure' and 'pushing British workers out of jobs' why are we doubling that number with successful work permit applications?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Well we will have to wait and see, any good will that is left in France might dissipate after a brexit yes vote. I don't think people realize how things they take for granted today eg free movement. the right to work and live in EU states will change if we decide to leave. The we will be able to control our own borders argument is Bullshit. We control them already. Hence we don't have camps in the UK as in France. The main issue for the leave campaign as far as I can see is no-one actually knows the consequences of leaving. You talk about gullibility, isn't is a bit gullible to vote for something when you have no idea of the outcome of what you are voting for?
. You say nobody knows what will happen if we leave...so why vote for In when you don,t know what will happen. This UK was built in being adventurous and exploring different ways...there is talk that we cannot stop EU residents coming here....how many of the economic migrants in France are from the EU?. Most semm to be from Africa and Middle East countries who are not from the EU.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Can I just repeat a statistic that I've used before on these threads. Last year we gave 170,000 work permits to non-EU citizens, only 100,000 of these classed as 'skilled'. If net EU-migration of 172,000 is putting pressure 'on public services, on housing, on infrastructure' and 'pushing British workers out of jobs' why are we doubling that number with successful work permit applications?

My best guess ... the government aren't serious about tackling this issue (The No 1 concern of the UK public). Which hasn't been particularly sensible as it has increased support for UKIP which inadvertently led them to grudgingly give us a referendum. If main stream parties don't respond to the concerns of voters others will fill the vacuum plus we will see increasing societal and national tensions. Speaking of which ..

Migrant crisis: Greece recalls ambassador from Austria amid EU rifts

Greece has recalled its ambassador to Austria amid sharp divisions among EU states over the migrant crisis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35658776

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
We have an agreement with the EU. Not in the EU no agreement. There would be huge pressure on the French Govt to clear the camps and move the problem. They would be able to do this legally if we are night signed up to the EU Treaty.

B u l l s h i t

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
. You say nobody knows what will happen if we leave...so why vote for In when you don,t know what will happen. This UK was built in being adventurous and exploring different ways...there is talk that we cannot stop EU residents coming here....how many of the economic migrants in France are from the EU?. Most semm to be from Africa and Middle East countries who are not from the EU.

Well that's clever. We don't know what will happen so bugger it, let's take a roll of the dice and have a gamble. A gamble that, if it doesn't come off, could result in the average man (or woman) in the street losing their job, possibly their home as well and who knows what else. But hey ho, we're an adventurous nation so lets give it a go.

I really hope that the out campaign have a better plan than that. (by the way, I'm sure they do).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well that's clever. We don't know what will happen so bugger it, let's take a roll of the dice and have a gamble. A gamble that, if it doesn't come off, could result in the average man (or woman) in the street losing their job, possibly their home as well and who knows what else. But hey ho, we're an adventurous nation so lets give it a go.

I really hope that the out campaign have a better plan than that. (by the way, I'm sure they do).
We don't know what will happen so bugger it, let's take a roll of the dice and have a gamble - and vote to stay in, then? Because we absolutely know the future if we stay in, don't we ............................................. oh

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

The in plan is just ridiculous and boring....Big corporate company's shareholders shitting it as they fear their shares will plummet lol
There's a lot more to this referendum than money and you can be sure all these companies couldn't give a fack about grass roots Britain.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We don't know what will happen so bugger it, let's take a roll of the dice and have a gamble - and vote to stay in, then? Because we absolutely know the future if we stay in, don't we ............................................. oh
Modern day British people are weak and scared of change and more importantly easily manipulated by the media.
Things will get way way worse if we stay in and good old Brussels will milk us in many other ways...You get fined 2 billion for having a good economy for facks sake.
Turkey will join the EU and wouldn't be surprised to see the Ukraine in too who knows...
Time for the people to be strong and to do the right thing and leave... :)

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here