Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New player imminent (Kemy Agustein - Swansea) according to The Argus

I think the whole reason why Oscar took these players to Spain like Barker, Adgestein, March and Dickenson was to really assess them. It seems to me that these are the pick of the DS squad. After every game the first team play, the video of that game is played back with the coach/coaches and players present, good and bad points are looked at and scrutinised. The DS players can only be judged on performances against weaker opposition. So now Oscar has had a look at these DS players amongst and playing with the first team squad.
My guess is that he feels these DS lads are not quite ready, and that is why after the get together in Spain he has pointed out he needs 4/5 players.
I would hazard a guess that only one of the DS squad is ready, that i think would be Solly March.

Adgestein didn't go to Spain.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not be cut, sure. So we kept Greer and El-Abd, re-signed Upson. Retained Hoskins. Chicksen's wage is covered by the percentage of Bridge's wages we picked up, with a bit left spare presumably. So we essentially have the wages of Dave, Vicente, Sparrow and Dicker to play with. Dave and Vicente may have been on top dollar, but Dicker and Sparrow wouldn't have been. If we sign Agustien, I would suggest we have a small bit left over from Dave and Vicente plus the Sparrow and Dicker wages to cover the left back.

Damn, I forgot Dobbie! Who was on a WEDGE. Maybe there is room for 3 then, financially.

Sparrow went in January, in reality so did Dobbie, chances are whatever was freed up in wages when they left went towards Upson with maybe a bit spare. Chicksen's wages can be covered by the fact that Marcos Painter was released. So we've still got Vicente, Dicker and Spanish Dave wages to spend, plus whatever we were contributing to Hammond and Bridges wages. If the playing budget is at least the same as last year I think there is still a fair bit to play with.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm sure back in my day, ''imminent'' was a little faster than it appears to be now. :shrug:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Mentioned on talksport transfer news. Could happen today.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Fingers crossed for this then, I reckon 13:13 personally

Which will happen sooner? The baby which one mad women at work keeps obsessing over or the big news regarding Kemy?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just seen a large, muscular chap who looks remarkably similar to Kemy at the Amex.
He went inside far too quickly for me to get a photo, but I managed to get one of his car as proof

crashed-car.jpg

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
going forward will be using the nsc/argus definition imminent when asked where the staff reports are at work, that way it will give at least 5 days to get them done.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
To be fair. It was never the Argus that said it was "imminent" . Andy Naylor's tweet says "expected to join" but mentions no timing and the original Argus story don't mention the word. the argus story said "poised to make [Kemy] one of his first signings"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here