Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New player accomodation question ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Serious question with the impending signing of Leonardo Ulloa I was wondering what is the process for a new player.

Obviously Leo will not know the area what do the club do ?

Do they pay for a hotel or rent a house until one can be found ?

Do they have stock houses for players ? as I know a few player ie Noone and I think Sparrow lived on the Barratt homes site in Clayton Mills, Hassocks.

Do the players have to pay back rent or fees out of their wages or built into the contract ?

Do familys still put up youth players from out of the area ?

Will the training ground have accomodation included ?

Last edited:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Serious question with the impending signing of Leonardo Ulloa I was wondering what is the process for a new player.

Do they have stock houses for players ? as I know a few player ie Noone and I think Sparrow lived on the Barratt homes site in Clayton Mills, Hassocks.

Do the players have to pay back out rent or fees out of their wages or built into the contract ?

Don't know the rest of the answers, but I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that accommodation will be included in the training facility.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Glad you have asked these questions, because i was wondering the very same things.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
AFAIK they put them up in Jury's Inn, at least Hoskins was staying there for ages.

Family's do still accommodate the youngsters and there's no accommodation at the training ground (from what I've been told the club do not believe in completely removing the youngsters from normal life and putting them in a bubble with only other footballers).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As for youth players, they tend to use host families if the lads are from out of the area.

The club website is advertising at the moment for new host accommodation, particularly near the new training ground site.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
AFAIK they put them up in Jury's Inn, at least Hoskins was staying there for ages.

Family's do still accommodate the youngsters and there's no accommodation at the training ground (from what I've been told the club do not believe in completely removing the youngsters from normal life and putting them in a bubble with only other footballers).

All Youth Players living in Sussex stay at home, players outside do have the option to stay with familys. on the very odd occasion the club feel they need to take the youngster away from the family they will also be put up in digs.

Or just see above!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Do the players have to pay back rent or fees out of their wages or built into the contract ?

There may be an accommodation allowance in their contract or something, but there is certainly a lot of help given to players to help them find somewhere. I know someone who rented their house and (I think) Hoskins or Buckley was due to look around it as a potential place to stay. It wouldn't surprise me if the club had some properties within its portfolio.

With regards the youth/academy, there was a note in last week's program saying that the club was looking for host families, specifically those living close to the A27, adn in the Southwick/Shoreham-by-Sea area. With this in mind, I wouldn't have thought the training ground would have extensive accommodation. Maybe the site of the Sussex Pad will be turned into a hotel?

Hope this helps.

BrightonPara

Apr 6, 2012
There is NO accommodation at the new training ground.

The club own property around the Hove seafront area which is rented to the players more so for the likes of loanees etc.

A gentleman called Steve Gibson is the player Liason Officer for the club and deals with the players arrival to the club, including travel, meet and greet, housing and general player admin, he now has an assistant but I don't recall her name.

Hope this helps

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
There's no accommodation, look at the plans on the Adur website.

Ah, I don't know where I heard that then. :dunce:

I would be very surprised if TB doesn't hook them up with a place or help them, seeing as he is quite big in the housing market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here