Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New phone - Android advice

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I just tried this on my desire (as well as having tried BBC football highlights etc) and it doesn't want to work. Do I need to install some sort of advanced video player?

Check which version of Android you're running, you need 2.2, they won't work on 2.1

lugsy

Sep 2, 2009
I just tried this on my desire (as well as having tried BBC football highlights etc) and it doesn't want to work. Do I need to install some sort of advanced video player?

Also, on the Albion site, Seagulls Player loads fine but then doesn't want to play videos, is this the same with yours?
I never loaded anything in particuliar and it also worked before the update to 2.2.Might be worth checking you have the latest flash player 10.1 available free in the market. Try it on low quality setting on tv catch up. You do need a good 3g signal. If doesnt work try using your wifi at home to connect to rule out bad signal. Just tried now at home via wifi and works fine.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Thanks guys, very helpful. The 2.2 seems great, the only problem I've had since tough, is that I can't open the League One link on BBC sport without my internet crashing! Just me?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
default browser crashes when I do things at the BBC website pages, I suggest 'Dolphin HD' from the marketplace as a 2nd or even replacement Browser :thumbsup:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Yeah I get it on a number of BBC pages too. It makes me feel slightly better that it's not just me, but it's still a massive pain in the arse. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out. Until they do I'll just have to find a replacement way of getting live scores, but not being able to access the highlights is annoying.

Is it possible to run two browsers on your phone then Marc?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yeah I get it on a number of BBC pages too. It makes me feel slightly better that it's not just me, but it's still a massive pain in the arse. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out. Until they do I'll just have to find a replacement way of getting live scores, but not being able to access the highlights is annoying.

Is it possible to run two browsers on your phone then Marc?

Yeah just get dolphin

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Just to let everyone know the new Swype beta has JUST reopened so if you're quick you'll be able to get it before the beta closes again. Unless you already have a Samsung Galaxy S which comes with it pre-installed, of course...

http://beta.swype.com

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just a couple of things to add Android 2.2 for the Wildfire is only just getting rolled out this week. Mine is updating right now. Flash is included in 2.2 but not supported on the Wildfire as the processor can not cope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here