Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] New PCR and quarantine rules

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this question, so this thread seems as good a place as any...

I can find the rules for specific countries, but does anybody know if it is okay to drive through Europe? I'm double jabbed and in a few weeks i want to get the ferry from Dover to Calais and then drive through Europe to Germany. Is that allowed?

Yes as long as you have a negative PCR test within 72 hours of outbound travel and pay for a PCR test for your return (currently £146 each)
Eurotunnel give all the details (although they haven't updated today's quarantine rules) whereas I couldn't find the advice on the DFDS site.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Living in the US currently, been vaccinated fully for a few months now. Have a wedding to come back for in October but if the current Amber List rules apply (10 days quarantine etc.) I won't be able to come because the Mrs doesn't have that much time off. For you all over in the UK which is most of you, have you heard about any changes to these rules for fully vaccinated people? It really sucks that I have been fully vaccinated for months and I still might not be able to attend one of my best friends weddings.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Living in the US currently, been vaccinated fully for a few months now. Have a wedding to come back for in October but if the current Amber List rules apply (10 days quarantine etc.) I won't be able to come because the Mrs doesn't have that much time off. For you all over in the UK which is most of you, have you heard about any changes to these rules for fully vaccinated people? It really sucks that I have been fully vaccinated for months and I still might not be able to attend one of my best friends weddings.

With this Government the rules are changing regularly so keep positive, I am sure they will change it if there is money to be made for the select few.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
The current rules (will probably change in 48 hours) the "double vaccine not isolation" applies to ONLY those vaccinated in this country so currently you will still need to isolate.

Unless the jab that was administered to you was the Astra Zeneca vaccine manufactured in India, who didn't seek Marketing Approval from the EMA, so EU Countries following EMA rules, like Malta which is on the Green List, won't currently let you in!! Other EU Countries such as Greece and Spain ignore the EMA and say it's ok, but apparently according to EU rules, they are perfectly entitled to do. You can't make this stuff up o)

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Hmmmmm....that's interesting. I'm sure I read that you are allowed to leave your isolation address to go and have a test...? I would much rather do that , than wait for the test kit to be posted etc and also for the results.

Anyone else know if it is quicker ( or genuinely possible ) to attend their laboratory ?
We do a same day PCR result service at Fiveways including a day 5 Test To Release.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What’s the name of the clinic at fiveways that does the pcr tests ?

I'm hoping " Biffer" comes online again soon, too. Would really like to know where this place in Fiveways is.

I'm wondering if it is the Vivo Clinic ?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm hoping " Biffer" comes online again soon, too. Would really like to know where this place in Fiveways is.

I'm wondering if it is the Vivo Clinic ?

It's next to 'The Fiveways' pub. I think it used to be Ladbrokes. Can't remember the name though but I'm sure it's not Vivo, sorry!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Done a little more research into this thanks to Biffer and Cotton Socks.

There is indeed a clinic there with a website ;.. the regenerativeclinic.co.uk/covid-19/

The costs for day 2 and day 8 home test kits are £149.00......can't do the tests at the clinic.

Day 5 Early Release Test done at the clinic. If done before noon then same day result. Cost;...£189.00

Day 5 Early Release Test done at the clinic. Results within 24 - 36 hours . Cost;... £99.00

Stand to be corrected possibly by Biffer later if he sees this ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Possibly....:):):):), but Shoreham has been my home for the vast majority of my life and my six children and four grandchildren still live there.

Heaven forbid, I was born just outside from Edinburgh....how bad could that have been, had I stayed.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:lolol: :bowdown:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
As this will be my first return since Covid, I did wonder how long the 5 day test return of info might take.

Which laboratory/company have you used ?

I returned a few weeks ago from Florida and used Randox Health (on BAs list of 'approved' tests). Lab is in NI but they have a free drop box in Shoreham and I got the 2/8 day test results within 24 hours.

Simple and effective. Was cheaper with a code off the BA website from memory.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

There is indeed a clinic there with a website ;.. the regenerativeclinic.co.uk/covid-19/

The costs for day 2 and day 8 home test kits are £149.00......can't do the tests at the clinic.

Day 5 Early Release Test done at the clinic. If done before noon then same day result. Cost;...£189.00

Day 5 Early Release Test done at the clinic. Results within 24 - 36 hours . Cost;... £99.00

You can get Day 2 and 8 tests from Randox for 70 ish quid for the pair. Do it at home, then drop it off in Brighton or Shoreham.

For a same day test to release on Day 5, if you don't mind driving to Gatwick, you can get it for £72 with Collinson.

For those prices you need a discount code which you can find here (you don't need to have flown with Easyjet) https://www.easyjet.com/en/covid-19-travel-hub/covid-19-testing-providers

I got my day 2 result from Randox the following day so I probably could've done test to release with them too, which would've been £42. I went for the more expensive Collinson one though as I need to be out by Sunday guaranteed as I have a football match to attend :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unless the jab that was administered to you was the Astra Zeneca vaccine manufactured in India, who didn't seek Marketing Approval from the EMA, so EU Countries following EMA rules, like Malta which is on the Green List, won't currently let you in!! Other EU Countries such as Greece and Spain ignore the EMA and say it's ok, but apparently according to EU rules, they are perfectly entitled to do. You can't make this stuff up o)

Simon Calder covered this in detail last night in a long radio q&a.

The EU issue is only over some OAZ batches (numbers are online and can be compared to the number on our vaccine cards).

His overriding point was that he’s heard that the EU/EMA are about to approve the validity of those batches.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Simon Calder covered this in detail last night in a long radio q&a.

The EU issue is only over some OAZ batches (numbers are online and can be compared to the number on our vaccine cards).

His overriding point was that he’s heard that the EU/EMA are about to approve the validity of those batches.
Yep 3 batches covered the 5 million doses manufactured in India which rather annoyingly those batch numbers are shown on your NHS Vaccination Certificate from the NHS Covid App!

Not only have I personally received my first jab from one of those batches but I'm also in the Travel Industry and both the Maltese Government and their Tourism Office that people currently will and have been refusing entry to those of us affected.

Mr Calder has "heard" numerous things over the last couple of months and the majority of this has been wide of the mark. However in this instance it's all dependant on how quickly the Serum Institute of India can get through the EMA "Red Tape" and get their manufactured vaccine (which is 100% identical to the UK manufactured one) approved so countries like Malta who follow the EMA to the letter, can finally accept those affected, so shouldn't be too long...

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Thank you so much to Geoff, B-righto-n and Bakero an d others. This is so much useful first hand information.

The internet for info is good,but sometimes, when you're knocking on a bit and living alone , it can be totally overwhelming trying to do something for the first time.

There's good people on this board.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Thank you so much to Geoff, B-righto-n and Bakero an d others. This is so much useful first hand information.

The internet for info is good,but sometimes, when you're knocking on a bit and living alone , it can be totally overwhelming trying to do something for the first time.

There's good people on this board.

You're welcome. If you have any other questions, let me know :)

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003

Yep. That's it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Anyone heard anything more about reciprocating quarantine rules (from amber countries) for double vaccinated people from the EU?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here