Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Order.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Anybody else brought tickets to see the finest band of there time?Happy Mondays the week before as well,both at the Brixton Academy,what a week this is going to be musically.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Booked for Brixton, the Thursday. Having done that they're going to inevitably announce a gig at the Olympia here but never mind.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't be bothered with gigs these days; got lazy.
But saw them several times in the 1980's and they were amazing.
Fell in love with their music when discovering Temptation & Everything's Gone Green whilst in the 6th Form.
Still adore their music & JD's.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Sometimes...
Saw them being truly crap twice, but excellent several other. Is Peter Hook part of this reunion?

Hook isn't
Gillian Gilbert is back, however.

Seem to be trying to stick to the "three members makes it New Order" as they went without Gillian for a while.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sometimes...
Saw them being truly crap twice, but excellent several other. Is Peter Hook part of this reunion?

No, he's touring with his band, The Light, performing/murdering 'Unknown Pleasures' and 'Closer'. TRAGIC.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else brought tickets to see the finest band of there time?Happy Mondays the week before as well,both at the Brixton Academy,what a week this is going to be musically.

In fairness, it will be utter GASH musically. Good for nostalgia though, yes.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Terrible live... :)

Won't know unless you go though,might just be a great gig.If you like new order then it's a must.
Now,Happy Mondays have been truly awful live,entertaining but Mr Ryder's voice leaves a lot to be desired!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Falcon (*) near Clapham North (Bedford Road), or the Landor (Landor Road) are good pre-Brixton drinks if you don't mind walking through the backstreets to the academy.

Only 10 mins walk from the Landor.

Failing that there is a lovely Nandos opposite, but I haven't seen the recent wine list.

(*) Not be confused with The Falcon in Clapham Junction, which not only isn't in Clapham but is miles away from the Academy :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Saw them at the Troxy in London in December and in Paris in October - excellent both times. Basically greatest hits set. I'm sure these gigs will be the same.

I've seen them loads (since the mid-80s) and there have been times when they've been amazing live and also when they've been pretty shit, but if those two gigs are anything to go by it will be fantastic.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
No, he's touring with his band, The Light, performing/murdering 'Unknown Pleasures' and 'Closer'. TRAGIC.

And consulting with his lawyers as to whether Sumner, Morris and Gilbert can use the name New Order if he's not in the band... :facepalm:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Will John Barnes be there?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've got tickets to see them in Melbounre, i am very very excited. Never seen them before and don't get to many gigs these days.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Good live, saw them several yrs back.
Happy Mondays I saw live, they WERE shit.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Seen Happy mondays 3 times and theyve been crap all 3 times and i almost got drawn in this time as well :facepalm:

Black grape down 'the event' years ago on the other hand was brilliant.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Seen Happy mondays 3 times and theyve been crap all 3 times and i almost got drawn in this time as well :facepalm:

Black grape down 'the event' years ago on the other hand was brilliant.

Vague memories of the black grape gig being good and a party with them at the Zap afterwards,thanks for the post because i'm too considering
going but your right,as much as i love there music they're diabolical live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here