Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New NSC BIG cash giveaway competition !!!!1!!1!!

Dec 29, 2011
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] if you do submit a score and some tool does it later.. can you change it or is that it...both out of it?

Jesus I think you're taking this thread a little too seriously. Do you not think Bozza knew there would be multiple submissions of the same score when he set it up? That's part of the fun of the game.. thinking of a unique score but at the same time one that is almost possible. If someone does 0-0 no first scorer maybe the next person should do 0-0 no first scorer too to make sure the first guy doesn't win. It's all about tactics.
Although having said that, for a third guy to do the same score would be pointless as the first two already can't win and so picking a new prediction would be the favourable choice.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Albion goals: 4
Birmingham goals: 1
First Albion goalscorer: Dobbie

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I originally had Albion goals, other team goals and time of first goal but the maths went 4 (rarely more than 4 goals per team) * 4 (rarely more than 4 goals per team) * 90 = 1440. 1 in 1440 strikes me as too small a chance of winning. Perhaps I was wrong.

The intention was that the prize is likely to roll forward and snowball so that it could be decent once won
1 in 1440 (let's not get into another maths argument here, I'm already battling the idiots on two other threads) would work if you wanted it to roll over sometimes. The problem with this weeks rule is that everyone knows they can't win before kick-off, because someone has put the same answer as them.

Options:
a) You actually want a winner each week = same as now, but each person enters a time, and the closest (not exact) time wins = a winner almost every week.
b) You want it to roll over a bit - see how many people are entering, and decide how often you want a winner, and adjust the odds * to suit.
* to adjust the odds, have score and first goalscorer, and then ask for a time, but say they only have to be withing x minutes. For a long shot, they have to get it right, to shorten the odds say they have to be within 10 minutes. Adjust how accurate they have to be to create the odds you want.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Jesus I think you're taking this thread a little too seriously. Do you not think Bozza knew there would be multiple submissions of the same score when he set it up? That's part of the fun of the game.. thinking of a unique score but at the same time one that is almost possible. If someone does 0-0 no first scorer maybe the next person should do 0-0 no first scorer too to make sure the first guy doesn't win. It's all about tactics.
Although having said that, for a third guy to do the same score would be pointless as the first two already can't win and so picking a new prediction would be the favourable choice.

Chilllll Winstaaaaan... I am just clarifying facts... My score has been copied 5 times now. I was merely asking my fine friend whether i could submit a new score once it has been copied, but as bozza said you can edit it up to 30mins and then thats it...

It's the first week... gonna have some teething problems.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Albion goals: 4
Birmingham goals: 1
First Albion goalscorer: Hammond

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I think its great that the rules make it so that the prize will snowball. These sort of things are best with as little rules as possible. If you go for an obvious choice then chances are that someone else will go for it as well (or will they?)

Dec 29, 2011
Chilllll Winstaaaaan... I am just clarifying facts... My score has been copied 5 times now. I was merely asking my fine friend whether i could submit a new score once it has been copied, but as bozza said you can edit it up to 30mins and then thats it...

It's the first week... gonna have some teething problems.

Sorry I got carried away. As suggested before I think a "secret" vote would be the best option if possible. As Triggaaar said the problem is people know they already can't win. If we did it secretly it might be better (or maybe secretly with a second catergory of time of goal too to make it less likely to roll over).

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
1 in 1440 (let's not get into another maths argument here, I'm already battling the idiots on two other threads) would work if you wanted it to roll over sometimes. The problem with this weeks rule is that everyone knows they can't win before kick-off, because someone has put the same answer as them.

Options:
a) You actually want a winner each week = same as now, but each person enters a time, and the closest (not exact) time wins = a winner almost every week.
b) You want it to roll over a bit - see how many people are entering, and decide how often you want a winner, and adjust the odds * to suit.
* to adjust the odds, have score and first goalscorer, and then ask for a time, but say they only have to be withing x minutes. For a long shot, they have to get it right, to shorten the odds say they have to be within 10 minutes. Adjust how accurate they have to be to create the odds you want.

1 in 2250 actually, because either team can score nil as well.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Sorry I got carried away. As suggested before I think a "secret" vote would be the best option if possible. As Triggaaar said the problem is people know they already can't win. If we did it secretly it might be better (or maybe secretly with a second catergory of time of goal too to make it less likely to roll over).

No worries :thumbsup: i like the idea that it can roll over though to a big amount :)

Great game [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is there no end to the fun NSC can provide :)

Dec 29, 2011
Why not just have a guess the attendance game? Secret votes so you don't know if you've put the same answer (a small chance of rollerover), and unlikely two people will pick the same anyway. Oh and 25,599

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here