Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new mobile phone dilema.....any views??

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'd go for the 6630 of those two due to the spec but if you want a nokia then I'd wait for the new 3230 which is a smart phone like the 6630 but with a much smaller body and 1.3 Mpixel camera.

but of those two definitely 6630

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
no contest 6630 best nokia phone ever 3G technology will be getting one myself!

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
I have the 6630 brilliant need say no more

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Don't get the Nokia 6630 - it has a design fault. The camera is on the back of the phone so if you do a video call you have the choice of seeing them and them not seeing you or the other way round. So get round this Nokia sell a little kit that you put the phone in to have a camera round the front - very unpractical.

If you want a Nokia 3G phone, wait for the Nokia 6680 coming to Orange soon !

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Seagull over NZ said:
Don't get the Nokia 6630 - it has a design fault. The camera is on the back of the phone so if you do a video call you have the choice of seeing them and them not seeing you or the other way round. So get round this Nokia sell a little kit that you put the phone in to have a camera round the front - very unpractical.

If you want a Nokia 3G phone, wait for the Nokia 6680 coming to Orange soon !
That looks pretty good. Any idea when it'll be out and how much will it be?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
South Yarra Seagull said:
Motorola V3 Razr - Best phone ever! :clap:
You are having a laugh ??

I just took one back from the states and the battery life is so poor if you are playing games or trying to download something.

I'm giving it away to my little sister.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Scarface said:

I've had a Samsung D500 on O2 since Dec and whilst its a smart piece of kit in respect of size and function it does have its niggles:

1) Very small keypad if you've got large fingers

2) Piss poor battery life. Awful compared to my old basic Nokia 3310. The MP3 player sound is pretty good but it has limited capacity and will drain the battery further. Bluetooth also shags the battery big time

3) Scan the net and you will find that loads of people are having problems transferring stuff via Bluetooth. There are problems with the dedicated Easy Studio File management software that Samsung provide on their web site. If you forget Easy Studio and just use BlueTooth via a basic dongle you will need to do some fiddling on your PC if you have downloaded Windows SP2.

4) A really stupid fiddly detachable charger cover that is just begging to be lost

5) No voice dialing which is absurd seeing as many outlets are marketing it with Bluetooth headsets.

6) Software problems with loading Java games

On the plus side the 1.3 mpx camera is great as far as phone cameras go and the screen display is very clear and colourful. In relation to the screen be wary of getting it on Orange as they have fiddled with the software and branded it with their own icons. If you try to flash it off or fiddle with the Firmware you'll invalidate your warranty or bugger the phone up.

Hope that help you decide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here