Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Metallica album

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I caved and downloaded the album... don't worry I will purchase it as I have done all their albums.... the last track 'Spit Out The Bone'. Holy crap... this is the best Metallica song in 20 years.

It gets better with every listen too OH MY GOD!!!

I got carried away and have pre-order the multi couloured vinyl deluxe box set. I should get the digital album first thing Friday and a big parcel a few days later. Can't wait.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where did you see them? I have a ticket for the Saturday night next May at The O2. Whilst a Metallica fan I would admit to bring a Maiden fanatic!

Waldbühne in Berlin. A 1930s 22,000 amphitheatre designed by Werner March in the style of a Greek theatre. I'm an architecture fan and seeing them at this place was just brilliant. They're obviously older (like me) and not quite the band I remember from the 80s but they still put on an damn excellent show. You'll have a great time.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Just googled Waldy looks a great venue, reminds me of the Pit Crondall

Waldbühne in Berlin. A 1930s 22,000 amphitheatre designed by Werner March in the style of a Greek theatre. I'm an architecture fan and seeing them at this place was just brilliant. They're obviously older (like me) and not quite the band I remember from the 80s but they still put on an damn excellent show. You'll have a great time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My delux box arrived earlier in the week and whilst I think there's some flab on the album there's also some excellence. Atlas Rise is as good as anything they've written. Now That We're Dead is a grower and I love Confusion and Halo On Fire.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My delux box arrived earlier in the week and whilst I think there's some flab on the album there's also some excellence. Atlas Rise is as good as anything they've written. Now That We're Dead is a grower and I love Confusion and Halo On Fire.

Agreed. Some filler but plenty of killer too. It's difficult to sustain interest over 88 minutes of music. I can see the likes of Atlas Rise, Moth and Spit sticking around in a live set too. I have not seen them since the 90's amazingly enough may well try and make the effort this summer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agreed. Some filler but plenty of killer too. It's difficult to sustain interest over 88 minutes of music. I can see the likes of Atlas Rise, Moth and Spit sticking around in a live set too. I have not seen them since the 90's amazingly enough may well try and make the effort this summer.

Similarly here, I saw them on Ride The Lightening through to Justice but lost interest after that. Caught them again on Death Magnetic but will certainly see them on this tour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here