Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New manager, your preference

So what type of manager do you want for the Albion

• Total voters

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Here's what I've been able to divine by combing the threads..

Because he was a cock when he was with Yeovil.
And he's Welsh.
And he's somehow connected with Mustelidae, like ferrets and weasels, in what way I am not sure.

Well quite. And if they're not reasons to reject his application, I don't know what are.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Of course I trust TB, and if he picks somebody who has had experience at Liverpool, Benfica, Valencia, Al Ahly, Real Sociedad, Tenerife and Estudiantes Tecos I'll trust him even more.

32504_heroa.jpg

???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How can you be sure that appointing Nathan Jones would be a mistake? And I'm looking for facts here, because you stated it as a fact.

He has done NOTHING to suggest he can make the grade as a manager. Would he be your top choice then? Do you remember the Tinselhead debacle? Do you want to go for a repeat of the cheap and very nasty option? Do you want a club with zero ambition to progress? I don't.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Here's what I've been able to divine by combing the threads..

Because he was a cock when he was with Yeovil.
And he's Welsh.
And he's somehow connected with Mustelidae, like ferrets and weasels, in what way I am not sure.

He has zero managerial experience.
He talks absolute cr@p when pre- and post-match interviewed.
He appears to think Obika is good.
His appointment would signal a complete and utter lack of ambition for our club to reach the Prem.
He is the cheapest and nastiest option out there.

Other than that, I'm fine with him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
NJ will never happen.

Tony has already said that "money" is not a consideration in finding the right manager. It will be someone good. Trust him!

True. I can't see Tony making himself look foolish by appointing NJ.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
It's a dream but i would love Marco Van Basten

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I trust TB with the club but not a manager, especially with the input of B&B. I was really surprised to see the poll result to be honest, I know TB is good for the club but blind loyalty is never good for anyone. I just hope we get someone who knows what he wants, is willing to challenge the owner and directors when required, gives us football which is good on the eye and doesn't wash his dirty linen in public.
Also is someone who is willing to stay at the club for 3 plus seasons, and develop the team on the medium term rather than just aiming for the play offs and walking if it doesn't happen.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
How about Michael Laudrup ? A winner of a major trophy at Swaansea and wants the game played in the style of play Brighton have tried to play in the last few years.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I trust TB with the club but not a manager, especially with the input of B&B. I was really surprised to see the poll result to be honest, I know TB is good for the club but blind loyalty is never good for anyone. I just hope we get someone who knows what he wants, is willing to challenge the owner and directors when required, gives us football which is good on the eye and doesn't wash his dirty linen in public.
Also is someone who is willing to stay at the club for 3 plus seasons, and develop the team on the medium term rather than just aiming for the play offs and walking if it doesn't happen.

Good post.

I want a manager who will stand his ground and say no to some the shit signings of last season.
I also would like one with proven ability and experience in the top two divisions of English football.

Tried and tested Latin

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Expecting a manager to stay 3 years is a thing if the past, or at least now very rare.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How about Michael Laudrup ? A winner of a major trophy at Swaansea and wants the game played in the style of play Brighton have tried to play in the last few years.

I may be wrong but wasn't he a bit disgruntled about the budget at Swansea and wanting a BIG job?. Our budget is probably about a 1/10th of theirs if we're lucky and we're not very big so no chance whatsoever

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Are we a:cool: flair :rock:club, or a :tumble: pile of :shit: ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here