Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
IMG_5092.jpeg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting* video about Hashtag United's problems with Hummel (or Hummel's UK agents).

* To some (it's long; detailed).

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Our kit situation never fails to baffle me every summer. Smaller clubs than us have their Nike kits announced early and we're certainly not in the bracket of huge clubs who have their own bespoke kits, so can it only be assumed that it's us dragging the process out? Every summer without fail we're late with a kit launch and newly signed players are pictured holding up a shirt they'll never wear, then when the kit does arrive (sometimes well after the start of the season) there isn't enough supply to satisfy demand. It must be an internal issue at the club where the design is always agreed upon late and the purchaser is too nervous to over order.

P.S.. yes, I know none of this is particularly important in the grand scheme of things and I never buy a shirt anyway. It just annoys me for some childish reason.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our kit situation never fails to baffle me every summer. Smaller clubs than us have their Nike kits announced early and we're certainly not in the bracket of huge clubs who have their own bespoke kits, so can it only be assumed that it's us dragging the process out? Every summer without fail we're late with a kit launch and newly signed players are pictured holding up a shirt they'll never wear, then when the kit does arrive (sometimes well after the start of the season) there isn't enough supply to satisfy demand. It must be an internal issue at the club where the design is always agreed upon late and the purchaser is too nervous to over order.

P.S.. yes, I know none of this is particularly important in the grand scheme of things and I never buy a shirt anyway. It just annoys me for some childish reason.
I think it's because we're SO well run in other ways, it makes the whole new kit stuff (and lack of club presence in Brighton centre whatsoever) seem bizarrely amateurish by comparison.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I'm with you, it's bizarre. It must surely affect the number of sales over the course of the season as well. It's very unlike us these days to miss out on making some extra £££.

Jul 7, 2003

That whole area of our commercial side has been an issue for years. Not just the kit but the other stuff in the shop is not great when you compare it to the other merchandise available from other clubs of all sizes.

We know they don't like a 'sale' these days but you have to wonder how many sales they have missed out on by keeping stock low against selling a few bits off at cost price. Also, with prices so high, many might not be able to afford the full price stuff but might be able to buy the 'old' kit cheaper which still brings in some money but also continues to raise the profile of the club and our sponsors when they wear it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Imho it wouldn’t matter if our kit was made by Nike, Puma, Adidas or Dave Rose Sports for that matter (RIP) we’d still f*** about with the release!!

Edit Someone should as PB at a forum “why are sour kit launches so slow”

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Imho it wouldn’t matter if our kit was made by Nike, Puma, Adidas or Dave Rose Sports for that matter (RIP) we’d still f*** about with the release!!

Edit Someone should as PB at a forum “why are sour kit launches so slow”
I'm sure that question has been asked of him many times before, is anyone aware of his answer?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Apparently Gillingham received such a 'backlash' over their sleeve patches, they had to redesign them, and re-issue their press shots.

(No idea what a Gills 'backlash' entails? Five people tutting or similar?)

sleeve3.jpg

billhems

NSC Patron
Oct 23, 2022
Haven't read the whole thread to check whether this has already been discussed, but does FPL know something we don't?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230705_221055_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230705_221055_Twitter.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 78

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't read the whole thread to check whether this has already been discussed, but does FPL know something we don't?

Yes please to that kit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports