Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 23/24

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I like that. Tough to get away with in football because of the rugby league usage.
I think when kits first came out in the 19th century, many teams had that V design or a sash. It seems to have almost completely disappeared in football kits today.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't like the shape of the stitching across the neck/top of chest.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Puma have provided AFL teams with stripes better looking than a English Premier League team with Nike....probably at a fraction of the cost.

r0_0_800_600_w800_h600_fmax.jpg

I think we need to get in touch with North Melbourne Kangaroos and get some spare kit off them - the no sleeve look, & 80's style shorts, would be perfect for the start and end of the season in warmer weather :ROFLMAO:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Puma have provided AFL teams with stripes better looking than a English Premier League team with Nike....probably at a fraction of the cost.

View attachment 162025

I think we need to get in touch with North Melbourne Kangaroos and get some spare kit off them - the no sleeve look, & 80's style shorts, would be perfect for the start and end of the season in warmer weather :ROFLMAO:
Shirt pulling could be a thing of the past if we rock up in that kit. Mind you it would probably make it easier for VAR to determine handballs

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

View attachment 162025

Not much wriggle room if you have big balls though 🤣

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

View attachment 162025

I didn't know Eddie Howe played for the North Melbourne Kangaroos

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

View attachment 162025

An AFL guernsey as they call them, will set you back around $120 (£65).

Jul 7, 2003
I think when kits first came out in the 19th century, many teams had that V design or a sash. It seems to have almost completely disappeared in football kits today.
Airdrie is the only one I can think of.

Jul 7, 2003
I was going to add a line about you being along to prove us wrong... :ROFLMAO:

What I should have said is that as a permanent design, Airdrie is the only one I could think of over here rather than any one off type designs.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was going to add a line about you being along to prove us wrong... :ROFLMAO:

What I should have said is that as a permanent design, Airdrie is the only one I could think of over here rather than any one off type designs.
I take your point, though, Bordeaux and Veles Sarsfield both have chevrons on their shirts pretty much as a permanent design.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here