Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
With the amount of homophobic abuse our club and its fans receive at games and on social media, I'd love to see the Albion play some away games next season in a kit that looks something like this...
View attachment 70614
Just to show the little-minded people who dish out this kind of abuse, that Yes, Brighton is the LGBT capital of the UK, and What?! We have no shame, we're proud of our city! I think it would do a great load of good for football in general, and to show our club is inclusive of people of all sexual orientations, whether that's fans or players.

What do others think?

Sorry mate , but this is nothing to do with football or the history of our football club.
I'm against the homophobic chants, but I think we are hearing less of these chants this season.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
It reminds me of a former Houston Astros baseball uniform that was actually worn.

20120923_astros_pirates_NdlT_14.jpg

"Houston, we have a problem."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Keep the shorts and socks black and pimp the shirt with the rainbow design. Why not? We're Brighton and we're right on.

Plus we managed to get over the shame of this. I kind of like being notorious.

View attachment 70616

Edit: Tut! Beaten by Corgi...

The one that Tommy Docherty suggested meant you could tell where we were from.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We are Brighton and we play in Blue and White stripes. No need to change, especially to a strip like a tube of fruit pastilles!

Correct. It's important that a club maintains traditions in terms of its club colours - I did see a big massive rainbow Spurs flag when watching Spurs v Newcastle today

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The irony is that the gay football team from Brighton, who compete in international tournaments, play in blue..

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
With the amount of homophobic abuse our club and its fans receive at games and on social media, I'd love to see the Albion play some away games next season in a kit that looks something like this...
View attachment 70614
Just to show the little-minded people who dish out this kind of abuse, that Yes, Brighton is the LGBT capital of the UK, and What?! We have no shame, we're proud of our city! I think it would do a great load of good for football in general, and to show our club is inclusive of people of all sexual orientations, whether that's fans or players.

What do others think?

Just NO

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Brighton is the LGBT capital of the UK

Yes it is. Despite its demise to a degree we still get reminded of it nearly every week. I don't find it offensive anymore but my God am I finding it boring. Why on earth would we want to bring it all on ourselves again?

We may be "full of gays" as a city but I reckon there are more gay fans of other clubs than ours. The gay men I know in my life are all from other towns and cities and have moved here. I'm yet to meet a gay man in Brighton who is Brighton born and bred. So that makes the rest of the country gay and us straight? Right?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes it is. Despite its demise to a degree we still get reminded of it nearly every week. I don't find it offensive anymore but my God am I finding it boring. Why on earth would we want to bring it all on ourselves again?

We may be "full of gays" as a city but I reckon there are more gay fans of other clubs than ours. The gay men I know in my life are all from other towns and cities and have moved here. I'm yet to meet a gay man in Brighton who is Brighton born and bred. So that makes the rest of the country gay and us straight? Right?

Very good points made here.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
10-11-home-and-09-10-away-shirts.jpg

Stade Francais shirt anyone ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports