Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit Regulations (boring thread)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I notice that several clubs have abandoned striped backed shirts this season (like with last) and as far as I was to understand this was because of new regulations involving the legibility of squad numbers.

If so, how have newcastle got away with it...? or is it only truly enforced by the premier league for their clubs and we're abiding with the hope that we'll use this template next year in the premier league...?

If anyone knows the particulars about this I'd be really interested to know, just out of curiosity really.

There are no regulations regarding stripes on the backs of shirts in UK domestic football, and never has been. Nor even in Europe as far as I am aware. There have been requirements in European competitions in the past, but even that has been relaxed now I believe.

There are teams in the premier league, right through to the conference playing with stripes on the backs of their shirts. It's the template based kits that teams use that have the solid backs, which possibly are made to comply with FAs elsewhere in the world.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Wigan have got blue and white stripes on the back, they've got a CRACKING shirt this season. Just shows what could have been, ours is utter toilet.

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 14.10.51.png

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
There are no regulations regarding stripes on the backs of shirts in UK domestic football, and never has been. Nor even in Europe as far as I am aware. There have been requirements in European competitions in the past, but even that has been relaxed now I believe.

There are teams in the premier league, right through to the conference playing with stripes on the backs of their shirts. It's the template based kits that teams use that have the solid backs, which possibly are made to comply with FAs elsewhere in the world.

Thanks for the 5 cents. Yeah, you're probably spot on.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I like Shrewsbury's Errea striped shirt

squadaway__53581.1469697434.1000.1200.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here