Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit email

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I'm sure it's just me, being an old fart an´all, but I find all this excitement/disgust/interest in the new kit quite strange. As long as it has blue and white stripes, who gives a shit? Everybody other than me evidently.

I think it might be a British thing. I've never seen as many people wearing replica kits both inside or outside a stadium in other countries as I have in England. I think it looks good when everyone's in blue and white at the Amex but the obsession over the details is odd (and profitable for teamwear manufacturers).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"You see a lot better on West Street every Friday and Saturday night."

You see a lot better on Coronation Street most week nights to be fair. Amazing how a Wonderbra, a tight dress and a truck load of slap can turn someone like her into the ultimate fantasy woman for some people.

Gertrude

May 10, 2014

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think I like that idea.

And hopefully, by using the round collar and white cuff it'll look suitably different from this

a6yvy6yq.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I think it might be a British thing. I've never seen as many people wearing replica kits both inside or outside a stadium in other countries as I have in England. .

Have you been watching the WC? Not only there, but also what about teams like BVB, those stands are full of replica shirt wearers. Not sure that England is much if any different to other counties in that respect. Bert Partick, who started Admiral and put the logo on England shirts in 1974 is credited with effectively inventing the replica shirt market, he has a lot to answer for.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I just hope they've sorted the frigging numbers out this season so you can actually see them from more than 10ft away!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I just hope they've sorted the frigging numbers out this season so you can actually see them from more than 10ft away!

Big blue back panel (would be better if white IMO), covering most of the back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
dont like that looks poor

Shocking photo isn't it, you'd have thought they'd get a decent model, or even a mannequin, a proper camera and decent lighting, after all, it's supposed to make you (Hartlepool fan) actually want to buy it.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Have you been watching the WC? Not only there, but also what about teams like BVB, those stands are full of replica shirt wearers. Not sure that England is much if any different to other counties in that respect. Bert Partick, who started Admiral and put the logo on England shirts in 1974 is credited with effectively inventing the replica shirt market, he has a lot to answer for.

International football, especially at the World Cup, is more of an occasion. You're right about BVB, I was thinking more about the Spanish and Italian supporters. It's especially rare to see replica kits up here in Scandinavia. They cost about 65 quid and are covered in around 6/7 sponsors.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Shocking photo isn't it, you'd have thought they'd get a decent model, or even a mannequin, a proper camera and decent lighting, after all, it's supposed to make you (Hartlepool fan) actually want to buy it.

Do the shorts stretch all the way to his socks or did they just pick a model with no knees? I need to see the knees!

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Has NSC managed to arrive at the point where it hates something that has not even been seen yet!?

Personally I am fuming at the refereeing in the Sheffield Wednesday game. And FFS whyt wait so long to make a sub Hyppia? Useless.

Why that ref didn't clamp down on Kirkland's time wasting is beyond me :hilton:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
International football, especially at the World Cup, is more of an occasion. You're right about BVB, I was thinking more about the Spanish and Italian supporters. It's especially rare to see replica kits up here in Scandinavia. They cost about 65 quid and are covered in around 6/7 sponsors.

£65 is getting to be about the standard price in Europe, might explain why you don't see so many in Spain, expect uk prices to catch them up in the next couple of years.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Statistically, a shirt has contributed 0% times to a team's promotion bid.

So the stat's in our favour, ladies and gentlemen.

Do the sales of shirts not contribute to funds for purchasing/paying players who then play to win said promotion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here