Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit deal: it is NIKE

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The press appear to believe the deal with QPR is worth 45 million over five years with almost double the average crowd what's ours worth?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't forget to ask your mum to read the washing instructions properly so those iron on badges and sponsor logos don't come off after one wash.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
How can this not be good for the Albion?

A high profile sponsorship worth millions. The training kit will sell well due to the logo.

May even get a bespoke design.

Jesus some people are never happy!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I notice the exclusive retail agreement has been kept. Ridiculously short sighted IMO, the ability of an Albion fan living in Chichester, Worthing, Crawley, Horsham etc to be able to buy an Albion shirt in their local sportswear shop would have increased sales and visibility in Sussex. Keeping it restricted to buying from the club, and the club alone, seems a bit of a cash grab....and....well.....tinpot :(

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I notice the exclusive retail agreement has been kept. Ridiculously short sighted IMO, the ability of an Albion fan living in Chichester, Worthing, Crawley, Horsham etc to be able to buy an Albion shirt in their local sportswear shop would have increased sales and visibility in Sussex. Keeping it restricted to buying from the club, and the club alone, seems a bit of a cash grab....and....well.....tinpot :(

good point, BUT, the internet exists for these reasons.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any idea as to whether BESPOKE or not? That's a HUGELY important issue.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It's VERY short term business thinking, and quite poor for the club's regional brand awareness.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Any idea as to whether BESPOKE or not? That's a HUGELY important issue.

There's an unconfirmed suggestion it may be, but the club will know already the answer to that, and to not have announced it suggests otherwise. It would be a suprise in the scheme of things, very few clubs outside the very top flights have a bespoke kit, more to the point, what price will they be sold at to fans? Evertons template based 13/14 home kit was at £49.99 till just recently as they've gone into a sale to get shot of them all, prior to next seasons offering.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Announced by the club today.

Details HERE. Warning, it is my blog.

Thunder well and truly stolen Walt, you beat the official site as well. You are also the only mention of exclusive design in your Blog. Take a bow son, take a bow!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also it has to be asked WHY they haven't specified exactly how many years the deal is. If the deal is confirmed and signed, surely the number of years would've been in the contract, no?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Also it has to be asked WHY they haven't specified exactly how many years the deal is. If the deal is confirmed and signed, surely the number of years would've been in the contract, no?

Suppose they don't think it's anyone's business

Can't remember the last time the club confirmed the length of any deal, heard rumours about stadium and shirt sponsorship lengths but never saw anything official from the club on either.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I don't suppose any of these West Sussex folk ever get to go to the Amex ? Oh well opportunity missed.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
There's an unconfirmed suggestion it may be, but the club will know already the answer to that, and to not have announced it suggests otherwise. It would be a suprise in the scheme of things, very few clubs outside the very top flights have a bespoke kit, more to the point, what price will they be sold at to fans? Evertons template based 13/14 home kit was at £49.99 till just recently as they've gone into a sale to get shot of them all, prior to next seasons offering.

Official Barcelona Nike kits in their store at Nou Camp are a cool €85, rising to €99 if you want a name/no on the back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Did they announce that away shirts are black and red stripes?

Feel sorry for Errea who have seen us through some bad and good times, and produced some pretty good kits. Like most other companies and people the albion have used in recent years they have been dropped like a stone by the Barber regime.

Yes l agree, l loved errea, we were loyal customers for many many years. I think l'm right in saying that along with three other clubs, Blackpool, Middlesboro, and Norwich City, we were the first clubs to don their football kit in this country.

But at the end of the day, nothing lasts for ever, and I don't think you can blame Paul Barber. After all it's business, we pay them, not the other way around.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it not make sense to allow sports shops to sell our shirts but give them minimal discount if any, so they would hsve to sell it at a higher price than the club if they wished to sell it. Some people would still buy it at a higher price.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Hertha+BSC+13+14+Home+Kit.jpg

Now swap the sponsor for the local equivalent...

Who thinks a Southern Railway shirt would still be classy ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Funny how perceptions are different. Me, I find the idea of Albion shirts hanging on the discount rails in Sports Direct in amongst last season's Arsenal offerings, with luminous pink tags on them a bit tinpot, but there you go.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea

Might be a 2/3 year deal with bespoke kits, with an extra year or two if we gain promotion to the Premiership due to the extra revenue we would then generate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here