Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Keeper Needed

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Brezovan is shit. He's a f***ing calamity. He has been ever since the day he signed and he always will be. He looks like a twat and, unsurprisingly, he plays like a twat. He's just a twat. The morons of NSC come out and support him when he strings three average games together, but anyone with a brain has always been able to see he's a car crash of a keeper.

BUT

Look at the goals today. None of them were actually his fault. If you had to award blame to one of our players for each goal, I don't think any of them would go to him.

1st - Barnes
2nd - Vokes
3rd - Calderon
4th - Navarro
5th - Dunk
6th - the only one that we didn't f*** up for

His his all round play that's so awful though.
His decision making, coming for crosses he shouldnt, punching when should be catching.
Has no presence in goal, flaps at crosses....I could go on!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
One bad game and everybody starts blaming one person and saying he's not good enough. We were playing Liverpool for Christ sake, the whole team wasn't good enough, we didn't create enough and our defence need to realize we can't just keep the ball around the back 4 against players like Suarez, Carroll, Gerrard, Downing and so on. It was always going to be tough but to just have a go at one player and say he's not good enough is very silly.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Brezovan & Navarro , truly awful players!
Not just today, Navarro ain't good enough by a long way. At least he shouldn't play again with the city loanees

With you on this.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
One bad game and everybody starts blaming one person and saying he's not good enough. We were playing Liverpool for Christ sake, the whole team wasn't good enough, we didn't create enough and our defence need to realize we can't just keep the ball around the back 4 against players like Suarez, Carroll, Gerrard, Downing and so on. It was always going to be tough but to just have a go at one player and say he's not good enough is very silly.

You are right of course, but Brezovan should have been wearing a clowns outfit for his decision making today. Fair play he saved a penalty, so he did one thing right.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009

Plenty of players had an off day today, but unfotunately Brezovan has now had 3 games where he has been Shaky (today being the worst), the thread was started to point out that unlike many other positions there does not appear to be a very strong alternative in the squad (unless Gonzalez is the solution, but I would question why he is not making the bench, if that is Gus' thinking...). Brezovan has, and I hope will again, have good games this season, but given today was a big game and the abject level of his performance, Gus must be begining to have doubts in the longer term...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Iv'e got no problem with Brez punching, all foreign keepers do that, but FFS, he punches like a volley ball player setting up a team mate.
He uses both hands and punches it up in the air, as if setting a team mate to come in for the smash, you need to put your fist through the ball and clear the penalty area.
Today was an action replay of what he did on Tuesday, very poor goalkeeping, the g/k coach is as much at fault as Brez, although he was poor.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Gutted for Brezovan today. Would have hoped that his piss-poor punch for the first goal against Millwall on Tuesday might have encouraged the goalkeeping coach to do some catching practice with the lad; doesn't appear that this happened however. An embarrassing punching performance again-you can tell Greer has little confidence in him which is understandable.

Hope that he can rebuild his confidence (which must be shot to pieces right now) as he looked a good keeper in the run-up to 'transfer deadline day' (which was I guess unfortunate timing of good form!). Seems like a good bloke so hope it works out for him; personally not signing up for the Reinstall Ankergren campaign (if one is launched... which I hope it isn't).

A good friend of mine is an Aberdeen fan, and he said he never really felt comfortable with Gonzalez in goal, and he wouldn't fancy him at Championship level. Just his opinion but that's about all I know about him so far. Couldn't do much worse though!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Its not one bad game though is it! look at the highlights v leeds. Millwall he got worse and his stupid punching from crosses when its easier to catch it led to their goal. And today is three on the bounce! Lets not try and pretend hes decent!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

While I agree with this I still think Brezovan's limitations were exposed by Liverpool, I just don't understand why he can't catch the ball instead of punching it - he really let us down, although the way we couldn't get possession in midfield and didn't mark their wide men played a significant role in what happened

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Iv'e got no problem with Brez punching, all foreign keepers do that, but FFS, he punches like a volley ball player setting up a team mate.
He uses both hands and punches it up in the air, as if setting a team mate to come in for the smash, you need to put your fist through the ball and clear the penalty area.
Today was an action replay of what he did on Tuesday, very poor goalkeeping, the g/k coach is as much at fault as Brez, although he was poor.

Don't forget Casper flaps and palms the ball away 100 times worse than Brez ever does. Perhaps it is a real problem with the goalkeeping coaching we have?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Interestingly, according to espn soccernet Brighton made as many saves today (17) as they did in the last three cup games combined.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Punching is fine and a good way to clear the danger if you actually punch. Brezovan doesn't seem to go aggressively in to punch ball away he just flaps at it and doesn't get any distance on them and they hardly leave the box causing havoc in the defence.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
He was very poor.He looked nervous and made some strange decisions.
It could easily have been 10 if the penalty,Carrolls two very close headers,Gerrards shot that Henderson should have put in or Suarez's chip when Brezovan went walkabout had gone in.Or is that eleven?
Another who will be OK in leagues one or two,but is out of his depth in a team pushing for the Premiership.
He'll end up at Crawley!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That is up there with shit gk performances that we have seen recent years .

Does feel like he was getting lucky during Jan and this was coming .

Marginally better than Anks but we badly need a new keeper and one that doesn't punch when can catch be good

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
A complete clown and embarrassment today and turned our defence into a quivering wreck as a result ! Think I'd rather see El-Abd in goal - at least if he went for a punch he'd friggin mean it and take out anyone who dared to get in his way !!!!!

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Gotta be the Columbian for Wednesday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here