Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] New iPhones - 2018 edition

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Apple upgrade program and sim only deal is what I do, still expensive, but apple care included and a new phone every 12 months, 0% phone lease effectively. Currently on o2 but they struggle in London to supply reliable 4G in SW1 and EC3 where I am based. I have to switch to 3G to get data.

I was signed up to the EE early upgrade program with my last contract but I just didn't see any value in upgrading the phone and contract at the point it became eligible.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Apple Churchill Square have the Nike+ in space grey, wifi available to pickup today if you move quick.

Edit: and the silver one too.

Thanks.....working at the mo so cant..havnt made my mind up re size yet and need to pop in to check out how the larger one sits on my wrist

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nope. I've still got my trusty iPhone 7 Plus which is approaching 3 (three) years old now.

Coincidentally, I read this piece earlier this week - https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/27/the...ying-a-new-one.html?utm_source=incthismorning - it seems I'm not alone.

Ta...like you i have the 7plus....having received an email for a trade in and 2 years interest free..i have been looking at the XR....but then i use my Apple Watch a lot (series 2) and have started to mull over the 4....hmmmm

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ta...like you i have the 7plus....having received an email for a trade in and 2 years interest free..i have been looking at the XR....but then i use my Apple Watch a lot (series 2) and have started to mull over the 4....hmmmm

Just got junior an upgrade to the XR. He (an avid Apple fan - about time he moved out permanently) loves it.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Just done the new iPhone update 12.3.1 and the phone is taking an age to charge now.
Yet another gloopy update chucked out with proper testing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Apple have got very good at that targeted advertising. I think I've had emails too, but I've also seen the same thing in other places - certainly on twitter. So they know who I am and what device I have and show me very specific upgrade offers here, there and everywhere.

I do keep intending to download some sort of battery health utility and check out what my battery is like, with the thought I may get that swapped out for a new one and then just keep this phone going.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I bought the XR last autumn as my iPhone 6 was pretty knackered and was constantly needing charging. I love the IPhone XR, despite using it a lot, I’m only having to charge it every other day. Needless to say, I bought it sim free (from Apple store) and it will have to last me a good few years.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I bought the XR last autumn as my iPhone 6 was pretty knackered and was constantly needing charging. I love the IPhone XR, despite using it a lot, I’m only having to charge it every other day. Needless to say, I bought it sim free (from Apple store) and it will have to last me a good few years.

This , after you get use to the weight differential it’s a cracking phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here