Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Goalkeeping Coach PLEASE!

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Whether he catches or punches is not really the problem it's the end product and at the moment where the ball is ending up is in our net because the punch is not clearing away the danger.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that as HKFC says had he pushed or punched the ball in the direction it was already going ie. from their left wing towards the right it wouldn't have presented such an easy option as changing the direction altogether by punching it straight down the middle and at the least taking the pace out of it. I am however still of the opinion that at 6ft5in tall and towering above any pother players without stretching his arms he should have caught it and had he dropped it I think it is a fair bet that ref would have given a foul and a free kick to us.

The big question is that it is an odds on certainty that Gus will bring in a new no 1 next season if he has ambitions of promotion so which one Ankergren or Brezovan will be released and which one if either kept on as no 2.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is John Keeley still at the Portsmouth Academy or did he catch one of the redundancys?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ktqhn0

I heard that he is still there but things are looking a bit bleak. I'm sure if it went tits up at the academy he would jump at the chance to come back under the new regime

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Laughable how people think they know more about Goalkeeping then a Goalkeeper or a coach! Keepers are taught to punch these days, they don't do it for the sake of it.

The thinking is that it is more safe then trying to catch it as if they attempt to hold it and drop the ball it will more likely result in a goal.

The players know that the goalkeeper is liable to punch the ball, it is up to them to react. Especially disagree with the moaning when it was a pretty decent punch from Brez yesterday and an exceptional finish.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having just watched the goals on BBC South East. Meridian didn't show any of the goals, it looked as if Brezovan was about 2 ft above any other player so had no need to punch the ball.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
If criticising is what you want, I've just watched it on seagull player, and I think more worthy of criticism on that goal is whoever it is on the near post, who then moves into the middle of the goal (right behing Brez!) not covering the corner where the ball ends up and where he should have been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here