Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new football shirts 2016/17

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Wouldn't be surprised if it was this...which will look absolutely effing bobbins with the iron on Amex patch. All the time we have Nike I don't think anything will stand up to the Errea/B&H Jobs kit when we first moved into the Amex. Beautiful it was.

If it is like the paler blue fade shirt, I wonder if we will get away WITHOUT having the iron on patch & just have the letters like the goalkeepers jerseys? You could easily do a dark blue font on that one and it would look ok I reckon.

Someone with the skills and time needs to mock one up so we can see I reckon....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seagulls superstar Elvis Manu said "Nike have done a great job, the kit is really comfortable and stylish. I can't wait to run out at the Amex wearing this. The Seagull is an awe-inspiring creature, so to dress up exactly like one is something which I think will help push the team towards the Premier League"

The kit incorporates Nike's all new Future-Auththenticating-Flexi-Fibre or "F.A.F.F" which will soak up to 2% more sweat from the body as other Nike kits.

The stripes have a 0.1degree slant to the right. Although not visible to the human eye this is a key component of the new kit. This means, when standing on the halfway line at the amex, the stripes point to the exact co-ordinates of the pub where the founding fathers of the Albion first met.

And more.....

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ok some serious thoughts on the kits.

HOME
We won't get those faded stripe teamwear kits. The home will be bespoke I think. In which case we've not really got much of an idea what it'll be like. It would be nice if we could get the same treatment as some of the bigger teams Nike manufactures for.

shanghai-sipg-2016-kit-2.jpg

Or, even better, this, in blue and white, with a blue amex panel.
Atletico-Nacional-2016-Kits%2B%25283%2529.jpg

AWAY
If what's been said is true and we're replacing the Volt number, I'd say we'll get another bright kit as the volt sold so well. This stands out as an equally bright replacement and we've never had pink before!
1458554090-13851000.png

Either that, or black maybe?
s-l300.jpg

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
If it is like the paler blue fade shirt, I wonder if we will get away WITHOUT having the iron on patch & just have the letters like the goalkeepers jerseys? You could easily do a dark blue font on that one and it would look ok I reckon.

Someone with the skills and time needs to mock one up so we can see I reckon....
That would be ideal BUT American Express have a brand guideline that says the logo has to be on a plain background. On a plain keeper shirt they can have the individual letters, but on a striped shirt it has to have a panel.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
More to the point does anyone know when the expired kits are going to be reduced? Still full price on seagulls direct and I need to update my daughters B&H Jobs shirt the cheapskate way.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
More to the point does anyone know when the expired kits are going to be reduced? Still full price on seagulls direct and I need to update my daughters B&H Jobs shirt the cheapskate way.

I looked earlier today and they are still full price. Hopefully they will reduce them soon, but from memory I don't think they reduced them that much anyway.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My advice to PB et al would be:

* Find any way to NOT have a stick on logo like the home kit which looks dreadful
* The badge colour should be changed on the away kits to blend with the shirt. For example the badge on the green and black stripped kit a few years ago was adapted to fit rather than just plonking the usual badge on a generic template.
* Bright colours sell well as away kits especially with the kids, bright pink has not been done before for example
* Make the shirt 40 notes rather thn 45
*If Nike continue to not be prepared to make a kit to incorporate a logo then tell them to **** off and we will go to Adidas

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I looked earlier today and they are still full price. Hopefully they will reduce them soon, but from memory I don't think they reduced them that much anyway.

I took my daughter to the last home game last season and there were loads of red and black away shirts left in the store. They had been reduced quite a bit (£15 from memory) but the sizes were too big for my daughter. They must have had plenty left over, I hope they were able to donate them to a worthy cause.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Sponsor logo is an abomination.

When is a sponsor logo not an abomination?

(actually, I'll probably wish I hadn't asked when I get told how great "American Express" looks or how "skint" was cool and so on, and how I should doff my cap to those hard working business and be thankful that without them we wouldn't be able to pay Zamora ten grand a week or how without them we'd still be playing at Gillingham)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
With a few little tweaks I wouldn't be surprised if we had something along the lines of Hertha Berlins kit from last year...

Attachments

• Hertha_Berlin_2015-2016-Nike-Kit-9.jpg
    Hertha_Berlin_2015-2016-Nike-Kit-9.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 972

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here