Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] New Feature: Ignore Threads

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting how many people seem to want to live in an echo chamber.

I don’t like coffee and there are several coffee shops on every high street; I just don’t go in them.

The knowledge that coffee is a popular drink is important though.
Not about wanting to live in an echo chamber, more about not wanting to be bothered with echo chambers, which some NSC threads, particularly some political ones, are.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I don’t like coffee and there are several coffee shops on every high street; I just don’t go in them.

I'm not sure muting a few items on a football-based forum constitutes living in an echo chamber. Wasn't one of the triggers for this kind of measure because people were exposed to all sorts of things in the outside world and came to NSC for a bit of light relief? People will still know that there's devastation in the middle east – and the government are a shitshow – without being reminded about it on here.

I'm also not sure why knowing coffee is a popular drink is important, either, but there we go.

Anyway, I guess this once and for all settles the argument as to whether NSC should be a football/Albion-only forum, because now it can be!

Cheers Bozza :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’ve lived over 70 years knowing nothing about horse racing or betting. I think I can survive in my echo chamber quite happily having put the Naps thread on ignore.
As has been said previously, Nsc is like a pub with a variety of discussions taking place. I would ignore racing & betting chat there also.
Ten quid says you wouldn't

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not about wanting to live in an echo chamber, more about not wanting to be bothered with echo chambers, which some NSC threads, particularly some political ones, are.
or wanting to move out of an echo chamber, like ‘political ones’ after you’ve either outstayed your welcome or got tired of no one listening to you 🙂

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve lived over 70 years knowing nothing about horse racing or betting. I think I can survive in my echo chamber quite happily having put the Naps thread on ignore.
As has been said previously, Nsc is like a pub with a variety of discussions taking place. I would ignore racing & betting chat there also.
I’ve got shot of the that thread too, it’s just like blocking betting accounts on Twitter or muting words.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
@Bozza, sorry me again. What happened to 'The Other Stuff' forum? A couple of times in the last few months I've gone looking for it and haven't found it. Didn't think it was worth messaging you or starting a thread over, but as this seems to be the place to discuss forums/features I just thought I'd raise it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
@Bozza, sorry me again. What happened to 'The Other Stuff' forum? A couple of times in the last few months I've gone looking for it and haven't found it. Didn't think it was worth messaging you or starting a thread over, but as this seems to be the place to discuss forums/features I just thought I'd raise it.
That was part I of the forum consolidation, I moved everything over to here.

I'll be doing that with pretty much everything else, and people can use the Ignore Threads function to quickly hide stuff they no longer want to see.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That was part I of the forum consolidation, I moved everything over to here.

I'll be doing that with pretty much everything else, and people can use the Ignore Threads function to quickly hide stuff they no longer want to see.
Ah, ok. Thank you (again).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Why would I want to read a thread full of arguments between several people I don't know, don't agree with and not agree with me? I have no intention of entering any political thread on here again and ignore button removes it from my screen.

Great from Bozza for this feature 👍

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Got rid of four VERY persistent threads that have been polluting the main board for me for years.

Daily Naps (no interest in racing)
Cycling geeks (no interest in cycling)
Infinite jukebox
Best song you've heard today

Delighted with this feature.
This is pretty much how I'll be using this feature.

Rather than "polluting" I'd describe it as clogging up. I spend too long on here as it is, so being able to cut out the threads that I know I have no interest in (horse racing, boxing, NFL, "let's count to...") will let me more quickly get to the stuff I am interested in (or might be if it's hidden amongst the stuff I skim past).

Thanks @Bozza!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Screenshot_20231030_085459_Chrome.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
or wanting to move out of an echo chamber, like ‘political ones’ after you’ve either outstayed your welcome or got tired of no one listening to you 🙂
Well, at least you have the grace to acknowledge that some of the political threads are echo chambers, where only chaps who agree with all the other chaps on there are welcome and any dissent is shouted down.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is it possible to automatically ignore any new threads posted by particular users without ignoring those users themselves?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here