Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fans - Good or Bad

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm from stockport and started following Brighton midway through last season as my team are rubbish haha, must say my team is still rubbish but I'm enjoying this season keeping an eye out for the gulls results

Cant say i blame you but Why did you choose Brighton ?

Stockport seagull

Jan 10, 2015
Well run club, nice stadium and training complex, everything stockport county isn't, don't get me wrong I still have a season ticket at edgely park but I ware my Brighton shirt for 5 aside

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I've been going since the late 60's and go home and away and wouldn't be seen dead in a football shirt unless I was playing (them days are long gone) I haven't got a beard and laugh at most of those who do. I'm white, male and hetrosexual and probably dress like an aging hooligan. I welcome every new fan no matter who or what they are, they are all welcome. Who am I to decide who can and cannot come and watch my beloved Albion? I might not want to drink with you in the pub afterwards or you me but for the time we are watching the team we share a common bond and a love and that is one of the things that makes football special...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
After Skalak's scorcher the North Stand was singing and bouncing as one, a wall of sound and energy. Maybe a few new-comers, was what was needed to get the place rocking. Either that or a long distance netbuster !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Starting to see a load of new fans and you can spot them a mile away. In the north tonight they had "Beards" and primark jeans. Is this really the type of people we want folllowing our club? I would rather pay more per season and keep our class.

Beards and Primark jeans................?
Mmmmmm let me think is that not the dress code of the Croydon caravan club aka Pardews Palace :)

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
There must be lots of fans like you. You hardly ever saw a kid in the park in an Albion shirt in the dark days. Now it seems to be most of them wearing Albion kit :thumbsup:

I love it that local kids n longer want United, Chelsea, Arsenal shirts

the problem is I am now 28 and so disappointed I missed out on the earlier stuff with brighton, I was lucky though as I got tickets to the play off final in 2004 and I got to sit in a private box and unlimited drink, but I think it would of been better to be in the stands. I wear my albion football shirt, hoody and scarf every time I watch the albion even when its on Tele, bit sad but I love it. Its amazing how your local club can make you feel.
I know I am a new comer at a old age but its the best.
UTA :albion2:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Starting to see a load of new fans and you can spot them a mile away. In the north tonight they had "Beards" and primark jeans. Is this really the type of people we want folllowing our club? I would rather pay more per season and keep our class.

Your description sounds like me but I've been going 20 years.

Idiot.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
More the merrier in my opinion as far as new fans are concerned. Means more money for just about everything so welcome one and all.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Every new fan of our wonderful club should be welcomed into 'the family' warmly by all.
Without new fans the club would slowly die, and it's surely better than all the 'lost years' where a few generations were lost to Man Utd/Chelsea etc.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just to point out the whole motivation of going to war with Archer, Stanley and Bellend was so NEW people (as well as the existing) have a club to support!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you give fans the facilities they will come and that has been proved.

Up to a point. The newest batch, say from the point of taking up this season's Half ST Offer, are the ones sniffing around, positioning themselves for the prospect of seeing their Premier League Gods off the telly live at the Amex. It's really got very little with supporting the Albion. IMHO, like. Tho I'm right.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Up to a point. The newest batch, say from the point of taking up this season's Half ST Offer, are the ones sniffing around, positioning themselves for the prospect of seeing their Premier League Gods off the telly live at the Amex. It's really got very little with supporting the Albion. IMHO, like. Tho I'm right.

I disagree, but if the club's taking their money, it's all good either way. Until very recently we haven't been selling out so it's not like they're depriving anyone "more worthy" of a seat.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015

Yes you're right.Even now though there are a certain number who go to the Amex just to see a football game.Not Brighton supporters.That probably has to be said for many grounds.
If Brighton do get promoted there will be plenty of southern Man Utd fans for example attending the Amex in the home stands.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can the capacity for the Amex be increased?

pull down the East stand,rip out dicks and the offices and stretch the North,make our large pitch smaller and well in short another few 100s seats here and there,smaller seats,standing maybe.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If people want to be a Brighton fan, they should be applauded and encouraged.

I was young during the 'dark' years (I'm talking Priestfield here) as I was born in '85. As a really young kid I just watched the so-called 'good' teams (your Man Utd's, or whoever was on the TV at the time), but it was when I began doing a paper round delivering the Argus that I began to follow the Albion and the (mis)fortunes. It was from there that the interest grew into a loyal following.
I wasn't able to get to a game for a long time - The first game of the Amex was my first 'live' Albion game. I managed 10 or so games in that season but only one since (Ipswich last season) - i still consider myself a fan, even though I'm fairly new to the scene in comparison to others.

Come one, come all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here