Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dunk bid

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It would make sense of the Martin link. Saw somewhere today that Burnley are back in for Stephens too at £6m

They are trying to address the CB position but 100% for sure - There is no ''Martin link'' unless someone was lying to me or trying to throw people off the scent today. I don't think the latter would be the case buy never say never in the world of football

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They are trying to address the CB position but 100% for sure - There is no ''Martin link'' unless someone was lying to me or trying to throw people off the scent today. I don't think the latter would be the case buy never say never in the world of football

Good news. For a centre half Martin is a good right back :lolol:

I'd be a little surprised if a deal was done with West Brom. Jeremy Peace is renowned as a tightwad and opposed to negotiating. Guess it'll come down to what Dunk wants but expect we will ask him to go with us this season at least until Christmas. At least see if we are in the hunt in January. If there's interest now there'll be more then.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Would we really leave ourselves without a fit recognised CB this close to kick off. We have been pretty accurate at shooting ourselves in the foot in days gone by, but those days are over ......aren't they?

Probably not.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
According to their AN equivalent the bid has been rejected but talks are ongoing.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can't imagine he would want to up sticks and leave his hometown club to go to West Brom, Maybe a team like West Ham, Southampton, Everton and the like..

There's no way we will sell for less than £10 million either, especially considering he is contracted until 2020.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Can't imagine he would want to up sticks and leave his hometown club to go to West Brom, Maybe a team like West Ham, Southampton, Everton and the like..

There's no way we will sell for less than £10 million either, especially considering he is contracted until 2020.

I can imagine Dunk being interested in joining a premier league club who would probably double his wages.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
WBA reporter at the Express and Star

[tweet]756568481534017536[/tweet]

Also another snippet from E&S
"[WB)Albion are also interested in Leicester's Leonardo Ulloa, who is reportedly open to a move away from the champions in search of first team football.
However, Leicester rejected a £7m bid for the striker from Swansea City and Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri says Ulloa is happy to stay at the club.
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...-make-bid-of-20m-up-front-for-saido-berahino/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
All these new season ticket holders are going to be extremely pissed off when they turn up thinking they're going to watch entertaining football, fighting for promotion only to watch dull draws and trying to stay in the division.

Cheer up BB. If the new season ticket holders have got any sense they'd be delighted that our players are attracting offers this summer and Albion have so far turned em all down. Its when they don't , that you should be pissed off .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do the Zaha...

10 million, season loan to us, promotion, then buy Lewis back next summer ???

[emoji38]ol:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I wouldn't even look twice at anything less than £10m in todays inflated market. We will have to spend at least half that to replace him if we want a top quality CB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here