Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New defender

Blondey69

Aug 11, 2011
goring-by-sea
hmmmm well to be fair... 3 games into the season, hes got 2 yellows and conceded a penalty... i do like dunk, hes young fresh, strong and hes stepping up well. we are kind of throwing him alittle in the dead end, he didnt get to much first team experience last season, but he is proving to be strong

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Need some full back cover but not another CB. Dunk has done very well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him keep his place to be honest.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If Greer got injured we could be in the shit.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
hmmmm well to be fair... 3 games into the season, hes got 2 yellows and conceded a penalty... i do like dunk, hes young fresh, strong and hes stepping up well. we are kind of throwing him alittle in the dead end, he didnt get to much first team experience last season, but he is proving to be strong

Has he not got 3 yellows ?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
how long will it be before geer snaps and gets himself sent off like a few times last season :\

Have you been to any matches this season? Who is 'geer'? I would hope Greer has lean't his lesson from last year and for me has been MOM in both league games. As for Dunk, centre backs will pick up yellows and yesterday's was for a rush of blood that he will learn from and thankfully didn't costs us. With Adam, Tommy and Vincelot we have 5 decent CB IMO!

Blondey69

Aug 11, 2011
goring-by-sea
Have you been to any matches this season? Who is 'geer'? I would hope Greer has lean't his lesson from last year and for me has been MOM in both league games. As for Dunk, centre backs will pick up yellows and yesterday's was for a rush of blood that he will learn from and thankfully didn't costs us. With Adam, Tommy and Vincelot we have 5 decent CB IMO!
just a simple spelling mistake, calm down mate im dyslexic... but yeah i havent missed a game yet!! GREER is a rock at the back.. but he is just 2 unpredictable at times, he started the begging of last season with us already banned and then got sent off during last season for a stright red offence and also i think it was the last game last season with the completly unnessicairy headbut? i love him as i player i just hope gus and charlie help him keep his anger under control :D

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Don't think people didn't believe Dunk was up to the job, more worried that we would have no cover if either Greer or Dunk got injured or suspended.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I know they're not exactly easy to find, but id like to see an experienced championship defender brought in, as we're going to come up against better teams than donny and portsmouth this season. A centre back with a few seasons experience at this level would be ideal to keep us organised at the back against tougher opposition, especially if we lost dunk or greer to injury.

The same goes for midfield really, as sometimes we look a bit light in the centre. We need another Crofts to boss the midfield!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know he's inexperienced but Steve Cook is on the bench and had a good pre-season. Vincelot can cover CB & the full backs with Tanno also covering the full back positions. It's only 2 weeks til the end of the transfer window and Gus did say there were 2 or 3 more still to arrive, so it's quite possible that one of those will be a defender.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
just a simple spelling mistake, calm down mate im dyslexic... but yeah i havent missed a game yet!! GREER is a rock at the back.. but he is just 2 unpredictable at times, he started the begging of last season with us already banned and then got sent off during last season for a stright red offence and also i think it was the last game last season with the completly unnessicairy headbut? i love him as i player i just hope gus and charlie help him keep his anger under control :D

He started last season being/getting banned but the Sheffield Wednesday sending off was absolutely engineered - he was framed.

I am certain he learned from that and I am sure that LD will soon recognise that opposition will bait him.

Hope they both turn away from it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought that it was Rochdale that Greer got sent of in after their forward made a beeline for him. Think we need an experienced centre back as good as Dunk has been he has proved that he is a liability with his one mad moment a game and will inevitably be suspended soon. The cover we have isn't good enough including Steve Cook who is probably the best option as he is the only true central defender.

Each of Dunks cards have been because of a mad moment. bad tackle against Doncaster, couldn't control the ball and lost it and had to pull the player back vs Gillingham and yesterdays handball completely unnecessary. He has however been very good other than these mad moments and will learn fronm them but needs to v ery quickly or he will cost us dearly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are we bothered anymore now that Dunk has stepped up ?

Dunk has done superb, always looks composed on the ball. But the rate he's picking up bookings, we'll be losing him for a few games soon. Plus, there's nowhere near the strength in depth in defence that there is up front. Need more than one new defender IMHO. On the plus side, probably be able to pick up a couple of vastly experienced STALWARTS on the cheap who would otherwise be left without a club.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Thought that it was Rochdale that Greer got sent of in after their forward made a beeline for him. Think we need an experienced centre back as good as Dunk has been he has proved that he is a liability with his one mad moment a game and will inevitably be suspended soon. The cover we have isn't good enough including Steve Cook who is probably the best option as he is the only true central defender.

Each of Dunks cards have been because of a mad moment. bad tackle against Doncaster, couldn't control the ball and lost it and had to pull the player back vs Gillingham and yesterdays handball completely unnecessary. He has however been very good other than these mad moments and will learn fronm them but needs to v ery quickly or he will cost us dearly.

Sorry, no it wasn't as I know as I was unable to attend the Rochdale game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here