Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] New cycle lane a259 Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That can't be right. There are posts all through this thread saying no one used it.

And I say that as someone who did cycle along it quite often during lockdown. Oh.

That's because us drivers wouldn't know efficient transport infrastructure if we parked in the middle of it!

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That's because us drivers wouldn't know efficient transport infrastructure if we parked in the middle of it!

Awww, I don’t know about that, now I know it’s Portsmouth but I was parked in the highly efficient Gun Wharf quays car park and was in the M27 in 7 minutes a couple of Saturday’s ago, the equivalent I think would be say Sea life Center to Withdean Park, that would take 20 minutes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That can't be right. There are posts all through this thread saying no one used it.

And I say that as someone who did cycle along it quite often during lockdown. Oh.

I’d like to know how they monitored the usage ..30k within weeks hmmm

Also curious re the linking of five schools ..I thought it was just on the Upper Shoreham Rd …interesting

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Awww, I don’t know about that, now I know it’s Portsmouth but I was parked in the highly efficient Gun Wharf quays car park and was in the M27 in 7 minutes a couple of Saturday’s ago, the equivalent I think would be say Sea life Center to Withdean Park, that would take 20 minutes!!!

I rest my case.

The train from Brighton or any South Coast Mainline station to GWQ is obviously the most efficient transport infrastructure, but us drivers wouldn't know that, would we?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I rest my case.

The train from Brighton or any South Coast Mainline station to GWQ is obviously the most efficient transport infrastructure, but us drivers wouldn't know that, would we?

It currently isn't given that their are no direct trains from Brighton or other mainline coast stations to Portsmouth Harbour during the week, with changes required at Chichester or Chichester and Havant

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The cycle lane through Shoreham in 2020 was ill conceived and has ****ed the whole idea IMO. sad but true.

They really need to get the Shoreham to Hove bit sorted along the seafront, and make some improvements in Lancing as well. you should be able to cycle/walk pier to pier Worthing to Brighton without going on the road.

Easily achieved at minimal cost, get to Palace Pier, get into large inflated ball then brace for drop into sea, then travel inside this ball to Worthing Pier.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Easily achieved at minimal cost, get to Palace Pier, get into large inflated ball then brace for drop into sea, then travel inside this ball to Worthing Pier.

The prevailing currents will be taking you the other way, but yes, we all do need to get off our fat backsides and do more exercise!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just leaving this here for the next time someone tries to say Brighton NEEDS cars.

[tweet]1509073851543654411[/tweet]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just leaving this here for the next time someone tries to say Brighton NEEDS cars.

[tweet]1509073851543654411[/tweet]

Brighton doesn’t NEED cars, of course not but unfortunately Brighton & Hove WANTS cars, and that’s the challenge that will take a generation to change, at least!

Short term solution would be for the planning committee to stop giving permission for large developments of new flats and private student accommodation, Brighton & Hove is a Goldfish pond that isn’t growing in infrastructure but is growing in population!! There’s too many fish….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here