Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] New console - technical advice needed

boik

View attachment 148576

Current version of Gran Turismo 7 is 109.2gb and obviously that will increase with updates.
GTAV is 92gb, Horizon forbidden west is 99gb, it's just how big games are these days.
Gone are the days of loading a cassette for several hours or storing a single photo on a 1.4mb floppy disk.

Storage is cheap nowadays. Those 5MB hot disks were the size of a fridge and cost a fortune. Quick for their day though with no head movement to wait for. Not quite SSD speeds though!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
What's your experience of the Gamepass?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Gamepass is class. And it's not just crappy games you wouldn't normally play, there's also loads of triple-A titles on it too. AND all games made by Microsoft studios (think Halo - Forza etc) go on there too on release day.

I think I have gamepass ultimate, although I'm not actually sure right now what extra benefits that has - but at a tenner a month it's not to be sniffed at.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Gamepass is class. And it's not just crappy games you wouldn't normally play, there's also loads of triple-A titles on it too. AND all games made by Microsoft studios (think Halo - Forza etc) go on there too on release day.

I think I have gamepass ultimate, although I'm not actually sure right now what extra benefits that has - but at a tenner a month it's not to be sniffed at.

This is worth knowing for anyone embarking on an XBox online subscription: https://www.theverge.com/23068983/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-pc-convert-xbox-live-gold-36-months-how-to

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Do NOT get a switch at this stage, they are vastly underpowered and are unlikely to have much life left.

the Switch isnt competing on power, which is not necessary if you arent going for high fidelity, HD movie like games. its a marvellous bit of kit for flexibility, does interactive and younger gamers a treat.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You're already in the Sony ecosystem so you may as well go ahead with the PS5. I have a Switch, Series S and PS5 and my PS5 is by far my most used.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
There really isn't a whole lot between PS and Xbox these days, it pretty much comes down to preference. And with most multiplayer games having cross platform capabilities it doesn't matter what console your mate has as you can likely play online with them.

However in recent years Microsoft has gobbled up Activision, Blizzard and Bethesda. It's still yet to be seen if some huge game franchises will be Xbox exclusive only, or if they'll continue to be released on other platforms (Call of Duty being the biggest).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'll be honest, I can't offer much comparison as I don't have the PS5, but I love my Series X. Sadly I also had to upgrade my TV too to make the most of it, but the graphics are genuinely superb and the processing speed is MILES ahead of it's predecessor

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I ended up going for the Switch. The portability and family friendly centered games won it over

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Six months on, are the Joy-cons still working ok?

All four of mine are borked - after several years admitedly. Drift on the left two. And unresponsive sync and SL/SR buttons on all four.

Blatant design flaws (on a premium price product). I believe Nintendo is being investigated for it.

It's no coincidence that it's near-impossible to buy replacements. Everyone wants/needs them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here