Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Albion bits and bobs on t'Argus

Jo Wadsworth

Editor, Brighton and Hove News
Apr 30, 2009
Brighton
Hi there,

Me again - it just occurred to me I hadn't let you know about two new sections of the Albion site, which I thought you might be interested in.

First of all, I've adapted the map of global Albion fans we did for Raise the Roof to be just a map of where the furthest thrown fans are - and if you want, you can now add yourself (if you'd rather I did it for you though, that's also fine). Here it is:

Brighton and Hove Albion match reports, news, goals, results and analysis from Argus archive

Secondly, we have also got a map which shows loads of useful information about the different locations of all Albion's away games - hotels, train stations, restaurants, etc. I really like it, and I hope you find it useful too:

Brighton and Hove Albion match reports, news, goals, results and analysis from Argus archive

I'm also planning a series of regular opinion polls once the season kicks off - if you ever have a question you'd like posed, please email me at jo.wadsworth@theargus.co.uk.

Finally, if there's anything you think we should be doing on the site which we don't already, please let me know. Here it is - The Argus Albion news - Brighton and Hove Albion updates, team news, match previews and reports - for those who aren't familiar with what we do, we've got news, match reports, liveblogs, mobile phone goal alerts, podcasts and fan blogs. Unfortunately, the club won't let us do video footage of the games, and I've mislaid my magic wand for wishing the team a winning streak - but any more practical suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jo Wadsworth
web editor, The Argus

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I mainly access the Argus at lunchtime and the site in general is soooo slow, the video streaming does not help (even though it may bring you a small revenue stream) annoys the hel out of me!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Jo.

Can we have a picture of you please?

Not for me of course, but for one of my friends....

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I mainly access the Argus at lunchtime and the site in general is soooo slow, the video streaming does not help (even though it may bring you a small revenue stream) annoys the hel out of me!

Certainly needs more bandwidth, it crawls.

But I do appreciate your Albion coverage. Although judging by the choice of the new bloggers you didn't have many taking you up on the offer!

Jo Wadsworth

Editor, Brighton and Hove News
Apr 30, 2009
Brighton
Certainly needs more bandwidth, it crawls.

But I do appreciate your Albion coverage. Although judging by the choice of the new bloggers you didn't have many taking you up on the offer!

There were a couple more, but I haven't heard anything more from them. Anyone else want to give it go, they're always more than welcome, of course! The blogs are very much your part of the site - as long as it's clean, it's in. That said, I'm very impressed with Tim and Kieran.

As for the video, I will raise your comments with our central web team, who put the videos on there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Argus website is almost unusable because of that constant video streaming. It buggers up everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here