New 2013/14 Kits thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
That really is the worst kit of the year. It is like a Sunday league team that could not find matching socks and shorts so just got the nearest possible.

Exactly. Shorts are a completely different shade of red to the top.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
A few new ones from France:

bastia3.pnglorient1.pngnantes2.png

From left to right - Bastia (away), Lorient (home), Nantes (away).

I wouldn't mind an orange away kit but I think I'd pass on camouflage!

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
The Cardiff kit is terrible. As if they haven't pissed there fans off enough over the change of colour. Now the shorts and shirt are a different shade of red!!!

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Cardiff kit is terrible. As if they haven't pissed there fans off enough over the change of colour. Now the shorts and shirt are a different shade of red!!!

The best bit is the corporate BS that the manufacturers and club spout at the launch: "the two Puma King stripes on the neckline reflect the fans loyalty to the club, which is appreciated by all".

What a load of toss. And, coincidentally, remarkably similar to the sentiment expressed by Wolves at the launch of their new kit, which is exactly the same template as Cardiff's: "The shirt features the PUMA King template with the famous two stripes within the neckline, which represent the passion and loyalty of the fans".

I can't believe anyone in the marketing department at Puma actually has the gall to write such crap. We have more than two stripes on our kit: does that make us even more loyal and passionate than Wolves/Cardiff? Yay!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The best bit is the corporate BS that the manufacturers and club spout at the launch:

Did you not see our corporate BS when we released the new shirt?

Brighton and Hove Albion are delighted to reveal their new kit for the forthcoming season. The new design features key elements that fans are sure love. The round collar represents the journey the club and fans undertook when the Goldstone Ground was sold and the club endured long hard seasons at Gillingham and then at the Withdean Stadium. Whenever a fan pulls on the shirt they will be reminded of where we have come from and where we are now. Additionally the gold trim on the sleeves and bottom of the shirt is a permanent reminder of the our former much loved home. The shirt remains the same blue and white stripped kit that Brighton have traditionally worn and the new era of the club is represented by the American Express logo on the front of the shirt, which also reminds fans of the shit load of money they've given us to have their name there.

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
I'm certain we have to stick to the Football League's style, which is the current one....which is butt ugly.

I really like the new kit, maybe a bit too much white but the best thing is that it is a totally striped shirt which IMHO looks a lot better. Huddersfield have managed for some time with black numbers with gold edging that stands out ok, but the red would be fine too

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did you not see our corporate BS when we released the new shirt?

Oh I know all teams do it, but trying to make out that two stripes (the same two stripes that are on the shirt of every single team wearing that same Puma catalogue kit next season) represent the "passion & loyalty of our fans" takes things to a whole new level, I think?

What next? "The two sleeves on each shirt represent the powerful arms of each player, signifying the strength and unity displayed on the pitch each and every time they run out of the tunnel"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports