Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - Sunderland Till I Die!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm only catching up now, but the cheating by the editor is distracting. They're playing at Norwich then later at Brentford and yet Grayson is clearly reacting with their home ground in the background. Then they're playing on a Saturday afternoon and some of the crowd reaction shots are from a night game. Poor.

Yea a lot of SAFC fans were very annoyed with this... and even as a neutral viewer, you notice something is iffy. Cheating a bit with chronology, locations and angles could be ok, most people doing documentarys spanning over a long time need to do it to some extent, but when you see people wearing winter clothing in August its just poor.

The "behind the scenes" stuff is great, but the match footage etc is just bad.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Yea a lot of SAFC fans were very annoyed with this... and even as a neutral viewer, you notice something is iffy. Cheating a bit with chronology, locations and angles could be ok, most people doing documentarys spanning over a long time need to do it to some extent, but when you see people wearing winter clothing in August its just poor.

The "behind the scenes" stuff is great, but the match footage etc is just bad.

Totally agree but I love this so much I'd just about forgive them anything. I went on the Sunderland equivalent of NSC (of course there is NO equivalent to NSC) and of course there's a thread dedicated to the series. I couldn't really discern any consensus (maybe it's not so unlike NSC after all!). Super-smooth Charlie was the focus of most disagreement; there seems to be some genuine respect for Donald, though. what shines through the series is the passion of the fans. I know it's a cliché/stereotype but a valid one I thought.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm only catching up now, but the cheating by the editor is distracting. They're playing at Norwich then later at Brentford and yet Grayson is clearly reacting with their home ground in the background. Then they're playing on a Saturday afternoon and some of the crowd reaction shots are from a night game. Poor.

Noticed that when they were playing at Brentford and you could clearly see the shots of Grayson were at Hull. Really amateurish.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
selling Maja for £1m and signing Grigg for £3m was a ludicrously poor piece of business

Think they would have gone up had they kept Maja and then so what if he leaves? Maybe he would have stayed if they'd gone up

It was clear that the manager wasn't that fussed about signing Grigg but the Chairman had such a raging hard on for him he just wouldn't really listen to reason

They didn't have a choice as Maja and his agent weren't signing a new deal and so would walk away at the end of the season on a free. He had to gamble that he could get a replacement for what they got for Maja but it didn't work out. Who had the manager identified to come in? Don't think he has mentioned anyone. As for the chairman, think he was just desperate to sign a striker, any striker!!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
They didn't have a choice as Maja and his agent weren't signing a new deal and so would walk away at the end of the season on a free. He had to gamble that he could get a replacement for what they got for Maja but it didn't work out. Who had the manager identified to come in? Don't think he has mentioned anyone. As for the chairman, think he was just desperate to sign a striker, any striker!!

let him leave at the end of the season then! they would have gone up

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I couldn't stop cringing watching it. There's nothing worse than people who don't have a clue about football but talk football as if it means more than just football, which sadly isn't the case but for those on the show. Loads of twats playing up to a camera. Too much "football is our life" shite. Made me realise how lucky we are to have an owner with a bit more self awareness and class to not need to show a camera crew how his club plays with his emotions. Pure cringville.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just started watching it for the first time, after a recommendation from my son.

It’s really good, with access all areas, warts and all, too low a budget to be a glossy ManC type propaganda. Supporters given loads of airtime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here