Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Warnock - Brighton are after the same striker as us!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Expect Tony will take a gamble like most promoted clubs in the past.

After last season,we (and i am no multi billionaire so what do i know) simply cannot afford not to get a striker in,god forbid a couple of injuries at the sharp end of our team right now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If it is Sinclair and he has a choice between the two clubs then the decision he makes will say a lot about his temperament and ambition. Cardiff are extreme light on strikers at the moment and chances of walking into the team straight away there are high, whereas here any striker that arrives will need to fight to get in and maintain a spot.

I am not sure that it says he's not ambitious if he goes there instead as his priority is obviously going to be game time. To me, this is the reason why the January loan window has to be used sparingly or even a last resort. Otherwise you just end up with everyone else's cast offs. Fine for back up to make up the numbers but little else IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yet if we lose out on a player to a bigger club (Pritchard) it's all because the player wanted a higher salary.
No, the problem there was because he'd basically already agreed to come to us, and was on his way down, when Norwich contacted him without permission from Spurs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am not sure that it says he's not ambitious if he goes there instead as his priority is obviously going to be game time. To me, this is the reason why the January loan window has to be used sparingly or even a last resort. Otherwise you just end up with everyone else's cast offs. Fine for back up to make up the numbers but little else IMO.
We got Ulloa, Knockaert, Skalak etc. It can be done.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We got Ulloa, Knockaert, Skalak etc. It can be done.

All players for the first team...cant see us spending big for someone to just sit on the metaphorical bench...loan striker from a prem side ideal....but would they then want to sit on that same bench....fek knows

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yet if we lose out on a player to a bigger club (Pritchard) it's all because the player wanted a higher salary.

Bet he's regretting it now. How much would he have earned in the PL when we get promoted and they don't even make the playoffs. Serves him right the d!ckhead

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Not following. Chance of more game time in a team vying for promotion, or a chance of limited game time in a team vying for promotion. Unless he was taking betting odds as gospel then there was no guarantee that either club would be more successful in their goal.

Those were his choices, he changed his mind at the last minute because of a bumper wage. Not sure that is disputable at this point?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Expect Tony will take a gamble like most promoted clubs in the past.

TB is forking out half a Mill per week to get us where we are and he knows he'll need to increase that in order to get the club where he wants it to be (EPL). I'm sure him and CH know we need another striker but they wont sign one just for the sake of it. its got to be the right player at the right price. If we don't, I think its because there was noone available that fitted our squad but if the right player because available, he'll go for it. They were obviously after Pratarse until Norwich jumped in so they know the score.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All players for the first team...cant see us spending big for someone to just sit on the metaphorical bench...loan striker from a prem side ideal....but would they then want to sit on that same bench....fek knows
How about someone good enough to compete for a starting place? Surely they'd think they're good enough?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I agree,but would a club release that player,knowing,that the player might not even get on the bench,let alone play.?

Thats certainly one problematic angle....its going to be interesting
In the meantime i expect to see some rotation over the next two matches

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
This along with Bloom's knowing grin at the Bristol Q&A thing makes me pretty sure that SOMETHING is already sorted...

I Hoping that is the case , I'm sure this season any additions will be sooner rather than later. :thumbsup:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I have no idea who Neil Warnock is talking about, if there's any truth in what he said, but given our different situations in the Championship I would believe that a club like ours that is scoring goals and top of the championship would be more attractive than a lower placed team not scoring so many. Even coming off the bench and scoring is better than starting and not scoring. As for Prem loan strikers we,ve seen it all before, James Wilson, Linguard never lived up to expectation, Tracy Beeker and Marcus Bent, all never really had the talent or committed.
We need to place our trust in CH, i'm sure he and his team will identify what we want and if its unattainable then have an alternative plan, but I do believe we need another striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here