Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neil Ruddock 'deliberately broke Andy Cole's legs'

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Neil Ruddock is among a group of players from his era who whilst earning very good money seems to have pissed it all up the wall. Needing to pick up a couple of hundred quid to fabricate a story for the gutter press.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not sure what the bigger offence is here

Ruddock

or

You having a bet that may involve paying the get into the pikey Palarse dump !!!!

Never in a million years would I entertain a bet that involved that. Have some dignity man.:D

Lol! He twice had to do the opposite after similar bets! He stood in the North Stand at the Goldstone in 94, and came to the 91 play off final!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Whilst I have little time for Ruddock with his self generated nickname, Mockney accent and oafish tendencies I'm uneasy with the calls screaming for a policeman to go round.

Roy Keane, Vinny Jones and Denis Wise were all nasty gits in that era and admitted as much. They had more leverage with the rules and more lenient referees at the time. If we went down the prosecution road you'd be there for a long, long time starting with our managers brother. By all means call Ruddock a bell but I hope this doesn't turn into a petition to through him in wormwood scrubs. It's a shitty thing to do but let's leave it at that.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Indeed

Admission to GBH, should be held to account

Unfortunately....no chance of any charge being brought!
Will simply say "I talked it up for radio purposes now...but at the time had no intention to do that and injuries were purely a result of a genuine challenge"
Ruddock was part of a group of players that at that particular time were so overrated as a footballers simply because he was a thug....Julian Dicks was another!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I have little time for Ruddock with his self generated nickname, Mockney accent and oafish tendencies I'm uneasy with the calls screaming for a policeman to go round.

Roy Keane, Vinny Jones and Denis Wise were all nasty gits in that era and admitted as much. They had more leverage with the rules and more lenient referees at the time. If we went down the prosecution road you'd be there for a long, long time starting with our managers brother. By all means call Ruddock a bell but I hope this doesn't turn into a petition to through him in wormwood scrubs. It's a shitty thing to do but let's leave it at that.

Plus John Fashanu.

Cowardly thugs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Trial of the past by standards of today, indeed no.

Possibility of a trial of a **** bragging today about his cuntery in the past? Book 'im, Dano.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Yep, some cringeworthy responses on here. Not saying he deserved it but there was some fairly damning stuff about mr Andrew Cole's personality going around for a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here