Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Mellor Joins Owls

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
Preston and ex-Liverpool striker Neil Mellor has joined our League 1 rivals Sheffield Wednesday on a season-long loan! YIKES! :eek:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
And a few more good players have joined , i think Sedgewick has ?

And i believe Gary Teale from Derby is going to join them?

Huddersfield and Wednesday looking strong next season..

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yup, may even be tempted to class Huddersfield or Wednesday as title favourites if they keep on signing players of such quality, whilst Saints (and Pardew) are sat on their asses waiting for Gus to leak his next target to the public.

Some very, very capable players have joined this league in recent weeks - Peterborough are looking strong in that respect as well.

Not seen much activity from Charlton or Plymouth (understandably I guess, what with Charlton's off-field problems and Plymouth's recent change in manager).

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Mellor is too fat and can't score goals for toffee. I reckon they will struggle. The surprise packets in this league could be Brentford and Orient - they've signed some good players.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not sure about Mellor, Preston want shot but due to his wages (I assume) the best he can get is a loan.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yup, may even be tempted to class Huddersfield or Wednesday as title favourites if they keep on signing players of such quality, whilst Saints (and Pardew) are sat on their asses waiting for Gus to leak his next target to the public.

Some very, very capable players have joined this league in recent weeks - Peterborough are looking strong in that respect as well.

Not seen much activity from Charlton or Plymouth (understandably I guess, what with Charlton's off-field problems and Plymouth's recent change in manager).

Dont think Southampton really need to sign anyone with the squad they currently have

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Dont think Southampton really need to sign anyone with the squad they currently have
No right back (LOL), no back up strikers - little strength in depth. Still a bit of work for them to do this summer, but according to their forums the rumours are that Pardew spent the majority of the summer budget in January, gambling on them gaining promotion last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here