Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neil Lennon

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Does that mean Celtic won’t do the quintuple treble of trebles, or whatever it was they were aiming for, having won the last 245 competitions in Scotland in a row?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks that way.

What a shame.:smile:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
https://videocelts.com/2020/11/blogs/latest-news/exclusive-celtic-set-to-end-duffy-deal-in-january/

Celtic are ready to cut short Shane Duffy’s season long loan from Brighton.

Video Celts understands that the decision has already been made inside Celtic Park to exercise the option in the loan agreement with the Irishman returning to the south coast when the transfer window opens in January.

Celtic signed Duffy in a blaze of glory on the back of their Champions League exit from Ferencvaros with the consensus being that his steel and leadership qualities were exactly what was needed for a historic season.

At the turn of the year Celtic’s successful run of 28 points from 10 matches was built around a 3-5-2 formation but with Jozo Simunovic released there was a vacancy at the back alongside Chris Jullien and Kris Ajer.

Duffy scored in his first two matches, at Ross County and St Mirren but there were early signs that his lack of action last season and through six months of Lockdown had affected his sharpness.

Before the Glasgow derby in October he had emergency surgery to have a tooth removed but with Celtic losing eight goals in three matches covering the games against AC Milan and Aberdeen his performances came in for heavy criticism.

The Europa League home match against Sparta Prague was the last of 13 matches that he started but despite being dropped Celtic have continued to ship goals. Last night Duffy was an unused substitute in Celtic’s 4-1 defeat in Prague.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rangers are clearly now the best team in Scotland by some distance while Lennon is a dead man walking.

Someone will sign Odsonne Edouard in the January window, I hope it is us.

I could see Duffy and Murray both at Forest too.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Duffy is not the issue, it's their other back three. They are absolute turd and obviously the easy way out is to blame Shane. Love it me! Pals and work colleagues of mine who support the 'Great Unwashed' are always prattling on about how rubbish Duffy is. However, we know otherwise don't we? Put him alongside other good defenders and he is good. Hope he comes home unscathed by his four months at the San Giro........

Lennon must stay!

TNBA

TTF

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Protests outside Celtic Park this evening, directors cars attacked. Calling for the Board and Lennon to go.

The board and manager should be ashamed, they've only won the treble three years in a row. Imagine winning every domestic trophy for 3 years in a row, going through a bad run and then being attacked for bring a director of a club that's enjoyed the mist successful run in its history. : facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here