Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Need some noise again today

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Didn't Wimbledon rise from non - league to the Prem and win the FA Cup - all without a crowd . I don't get this "it's down to us" line.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Listening on the radio at work all you could hear was Villa, they sounded like they had a great day out.

:(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well that didn’t happen. A bit like a library today

crowd only really gets behind them when we are either , abusing an ex manager or scoring lots of goals.

typical Brighton home fan….same at the goldstone, gillingham, withdean and the Amex.

very sterile today…like the football.

barber out

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well that didn’t happen. A bit like a library today

crowd only really gets behind them when we are either , abusing an ex manager or scoring lots of goals.

typical Brighton home fan….same at the goldstone, gillingham, withdean and the Amex.

very sterile today…like the football.

barber out
Seriously, come on. It was good until villa's anti football antics, the awful stop start nature of the game, and the lack of opportunities totally killed the game. What on earth do you expect in those circumstances? As i said earlier, name another ground in the country that wouldnt have become frustrated/subdued with that game. Villa fans were quiet for long spells too... until they went 2-1 up, surprisingly eh.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seriously, come on. It was good until villa's anti football antics, the awful stop start nature of the game, and the lack of opportunities totally killed the game. What on earth do you expect in those circumstances? As i said earlier, name another ground in the country that wouldnt have become frustrated/subdued with that game. Villa fans were quiet for long spells too... until they went 2-1 up, surprisingly eh.
Perhaps you are right. I am just totally f***ed off having waited at least an hour to get the mill hill bus which then worked its way through patcham to avoid traffic on the a27 and I finally got home at just short of 6 o’clock!

I am really seriously thinking about knocking this all on the head now after 48 years.

didn’t help putting Tottenham and Chelsea tickets on the exchange and not being sold.

so I am in a bad mood.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Perhaps you are right. I am just totally f***ed off having waited at least an hour to get the mill hill bus which then worked its way through patcham to avoid traffic on the a27 and I finally got home at just short of 6 o’clock!

I am really seriously thinking about knocking this all on the head now after 48 years.

didn’t help putting Tottenham and Chelsea tickets on the exchange and not being sold.

so I am in a bad mood.
Sorry to hear... not what you need on a sunday after that farce of a game

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Bookmark all of todays threads, we won’t be short on reasons to get behind the team next season vs Villa.

Assuming they haven’t joined some kind of super league. #massive

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Thought the atmosphere was pretty good in WSU tbh, not off the scale but better than usual (excluding Chelsea)

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Thought the atmosphere was pretty good in WSU tbh, not off the scale but better than usual (excluding Chelsea)
Absolutely this GOSBS was belted out at the start and throughout the first half there was plenty of vocal support. Obviously come the second half going behind and all the time wasting tactics etc somewhat stifled the atmosphere but the crowd round about me were still urging the team on. Nobody is going to be deliriously chanting and singing continuously when faced with what was happening on the pitch towards the end of the game.
I even said to a friend at the conclusion "at least no-one can blame our fans for the failure today" and then this thread proved me wrong! I should have known better!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Absolutely this GOSBS was belted out at the start and throughout the first half there was plenty of vocal support. Obviously come the second half going behind and all the time wasting tactics etc somewhat stifled the atmosphere but the crowd round about me were still urging the team on. Nobody is going to be deliriously chanting and singing continuously when faced with what was happening on the pitch towards the end of the game.
I even said to a friend at the conclusion "at least no-one can blame our fans for the failure today" and then this thread proved me wrong! I should have known better!
Yeah this.

Lots of good noise in the North.
Even had both sides singing the same songs for large periods of the first half.
Team responded to it.

The second half was flat and the tram gave us nothing to get behind.
Villa and the Ref made up for it in the last 15 though.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yeah this.

Lots of good noise in the North.
Even had both sides singing the same songs for large periods of the first half.
Team responded to it.

The second half was flat and the tram gave us nothing to get behind.
Villa and the Ref made up for it in the last 15 though.
Lots of noise in last 20 minutes but rather than it being shouting and singing encouragement to the team it was complaining about the referee and Villa. By then Villa had done a job on us and the officials and the points were their’s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here