Need a New home for my Grass Carp

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
I have 2 albino Grass carp, that need a new home as they have out grown my pond.

They are approx 2 feet long and it is not fair to keep them in my small pond.

If anyone out there has a nice big pond, and will take them off of my hands then please let me know.

You would have to collect and transport them yourself, from Brighton.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Wrap with a large knob of butter in several sheets of the Indy newspaper, soak under a tap, oven at 180, 20 mins,.... when paper dry an just browning at the edges, unwrap and serve warm with new pots and salad.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Wrap with a large knob of butter in several sheets of the Indy newspaper, soak under a tap, oven at 180, 20 mins,.... when paper dry an just browning at the edges, unwrap and serve warm with new pots and salad.

Apparantly you need to keep them in just fresh water for a few days to make them taste better. Think I saw that on a River Cottage thing.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Yeah Thanks for that Somerset...

i have had them since they were babies, and i don't really want to get rid, but they are just too big for my pond now.

I have to do what is best for them.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Hang on till xmas...they are the traditional xmas eve meal here...although, why, ive no idea...revolting things to eat.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Apparantly you need to keep them in just fresh water for a few days to make them taste better. Think I saw that on a River Cottage thing.

Yes because the are bottom feeders, so the silt needs flushing from system..... sorry Op..... just a bit of mischievous levity.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Thanks Jan, i have arranged for collection. :)

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
thats fantastic thankyou very much ile take good care of them , dont let the chap who picks them up scare you he is a gentle giant and knows his stuff about fishkeeping

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I have 2 albino Grass carp, that need a new home as they have out grown my pond.

They are approx 2 feet long and it is not fair to keep them in my small pond.

If anyone out there has a nice big pond, and will take them off of my hands then please let me know.

You would have to collect and transport them yourself, from Brighton.

I have a small boating lake in my back garden and could take them in for you if necessary. I'm not due to be down in Brighton until the Sheff Weds game though. Would they need feeding?

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
I have a small boating lake in my back garden and could take them in for you if necessary. I'm not due to be down in Brighton until the Sheff Weds game though. Would they need feeding?

Thanks Junior, but they have successfully been re homed

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Here are a few snaps of the fish in their new home..... :)

062-1.jpg

057-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

059.jpg

057.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports