Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Classic Petit shitehouse, miss a sitter last week, score a cracker this :thumbsup:

But before we all get misty eyed, there are far better players than Neal who would be on the bench at the Albion given Danny's form this season

Yep. Good luck to the lad, but, as you say.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Classic Petit shitehouse, miss a sitter last week, score a cracker this :thumbsup:

But before we all get misty eyed, there are far better players than Neal who would be on the bench at the Albion given Danny's form this season

We have played better without him and I think his ego is too big to be a backup player here. If he would have been happy to do that then IMO he would have been worth keeping but it was not to be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We have played better without him and I think his ego is too big to be a backup player here. If he would have been happy to do that then IMO he would have been worth keeping but it was not to be.

Not sure his ego is the problem... more that he seems to love playing football more than most players. I'm guessing GP had to put a leash on him and tie him to something sturdy to prevent him from running onto the pitch chasing the ball.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
True. Lots point in that direction though.

But yeah probably depends on the new manager. If someone who likes to play two up front would have arrived, there would probably be a lot better chance of Maupay signing a contract. Regardless of manager, I don't think he is someone who would accept being a backup player for an extended amount of time.

Agreed. He wants to start. Will be interesting to see what happens when DCL is fit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great strike. One touch and BOOM.

As long as he doesn't have to think about it, LeShithouse always has a cracker in him. I just hope Udav can weigh in with 7-8+ a season to replace him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have we ever gone into October in the league without any goals from our strikers ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure his ego is the problem... more that he seems to love playing football more than most players. I'm guessing GP had to put a leash on him and tie him to something sturdy to prevent him from running onto the pitch chasing the ball.

He is a bit full of himself though and not starting is something he cannot tolerate and the fact that we were doing better without him should have been obvious to him that he needed to rein in his enthusiasm and bide his time but because he is who he is a move was probably in his best interests. Personally I think Potter should have been able to handle him better but that's history.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IF Frank plays them together ?
I think it’s a partnership of great potential !
But modern football tends to steer away from 2 up top
Much like CMS I m not sure we saw the best of Neil

CMS was always an inferior player to Murray, worst ever striker in striker out deal since I started following the Albion. Maupay was never good enough to be a guaranteed starter when we had other options like a fit Welbeck. I bloody loved him though.

We did the right thing letting Neal leave, whatever was said in here at the time, he was having hissy fits and running down the tunnel after games, Warren called it right

As an aside has Murray ever said what he thought of Poyet as a manager? Be interested to know his thoughts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

..... and Everton fans mostly seem to think they play better with him*! - so good moves all round I reckon. They seem to quite like him - more than Spurs fans like Biss or Chelsea fans like the 'poor man's Chilwell' that is Cucu anyway!

*I do not personally know, nor have I spoken to, any Everton fans. If you know some and they say he's shitehouse, fair enough. My comments merely reflect views expressed on several pages of the Everton fans website. :thumbsup:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
CMS was always an inferior player to Murray, worst ever striker in striker out deal since I started following the Albion. Maupay was never good enough to be a guaranteed starter when we had other options like a fit Welbeck. I bloody loved him though.

We did the right thing letting Neal leave, whatever was said in here at the time, he was having hissy fits and running down the tunnel after games, Warren called it right

As an aside has Murray ever said what he thought of Poyet as a manager? Be interested to know his thoughts.

No wonder Gus hit them ceiling :whistle::laugh:
Swap out a target man for a channel runner and ask him to be a target man :facepalm:
But my point was similar , perhaps we didn’t play NM to his strengths ?
Alongside a Murray / DCL type player
That boats sailed Though
He s not starting ahead of a fit Welbz as the focal point
So thanks Neil wish you well Except against us

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
..... and Everton fans mostly seem to think they play better with him*! - so good moves all round I reckon. They seem to quite like him - more than Spurs fans like Biss or Chelsea fans like the 'poor man's Chilwell' that is Cucu anyway!

*I do not personally know, nor have I spoken to, any Everton fans. If you know some and they say he's shitehouse, fair enough. My comments merely reflect views expressed on several pages of the Everton fans website. :thumbsup:

There were aspects of Maupay's game that were good but there were also aspects that weren't , he is not a clinical finisher and often got in the way of movement by making the wrong decision on the positive side he scored some great instinctive goals and put himself about which gave the team some relief. He was no longer in our first 11 best players but i would have always had him on the bench and coming on for last 30 mins...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Brighton also played some excellent football with Neal Maupay, everything else is an afterthought.

Performance wise, 20/21 was the best GP season and Maupay played pretty much all the time then, being an important part of that. Unfortunately he was also quite an important part in the results not matching the performances.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There were aspects of Maupay's game that were good but there were also aspects that weren't , he is not a clinical finisher and often got in the way of movement by making the wrong decision on the positive side he scored some great instinctive goals and put himself about which gave the team some relief. He was no longer in our first 11 best players but i would have always had him on the bench and coming on for last 30 mins...
Yes, me too.

Everton fans on their message board still seem to quite like him, and think he's made the team play better though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here