Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, because they're very unlikely to have read it!

Fans on their forum seem quite delighted that their team looks much better to them with le petit shitehouse up front!

They see him as a squad option. If it helps give some flavour (and it is only anecdotal) the conversations I have had suggest they like his effort but want better.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Might be fair to point out it was his first competitive match since last season, he had limited opportunities in the pre-season. He'll need a bit of game time to get properly match fit and in form.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As I said earlier in the thread, 'missing sitters for the Toffees', for the forseable.
He is an expert, years of practice.

Not according to @GT493r. Apparently the whole of Liverpool is laughing at our bitterness after our best ever player was stolen from us :facepalm:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
An odd experience. I really wanted Neal to do well, to score, to become the shitehouse king again and for Everton to win. I wonder how long these feelings will last? Maybe watching a video of all his misses over and over again will cure me?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
It has become very trendy to criticise March.
Yet 2 very good coaches for us have regularly made him a starter in the team.
Why is that I wonder?
Are they just not fashionable?

Trendy ? Or ten years of same old or very little goal return . How many chances this season alone
One of the most frustrating players we have ever had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Everton fans would be pi$$ing themselves laughing at that - sour grapes at losig him, they would likely say. Check out theEverton website - the whole team looks better with him in it, just what was needed, a proper CF, etc. They seem to be delighted with him. That may of course change if he keeps missing sitters and doesn't score in the next dozen games, but right now they'd be laughing themsemes silly at that comment!

Not any Everton fans I know or have spoken to and that’s quite a few. On the fence is as far as most will go.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Very Maupay performance yesterday. Did fine but missed two pretty straightforward chances with one an absolute sitter. Was waiting for the worldy in the 90th minute to complete the set

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Trendy ? Or ten years of same old or very little goal return . How many chances this season alone
One of the most frustrating players we have ever had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only for those who don’t see what March brings to the TEAM, we are a team and not 11 individuals and March is a perfect example, he has missed chances this season but luckily enough most of the time they haven’t cost us, you could argue against Fulham but as a team we were very poor.

3 wins 1 draw and a loss from 5 games, I can’t be frustrated with any of our players, that’s a fantastic effort and return.

Sorry for the O/T btw :lolol:

As for Maupay yesterday, it was the most typical Neal performance you’ll likely ever find, tried hard but fluffed key chances through lack of composure.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He’s just done a thing for Everton.

Great goal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
After he'd gone Potter alluded to difficulties in dealing with him. And now, there he is scoring for another team. Would he have signed a new contract for a new boss?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
After he'd gone Potter alluded to difficulties in dealing with him. And now, there he is scoring for another team. Would he have signed a new contract for a new boss?

With De Zerbi almost always playing just one up front I think it would be quite likely he would have found himself in exactly the same situation, being second choise behind Welbeck.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
With us getting ' pillaged ' by Chelsea I must admit I'm particularly indifferent to the fortunes of Maupay and Bissouma. By contrast I'd fantasise about Cucurella somehow being complicit in a Chelsea melt down that hastens Potter's gang to be shown the door ASAP! Sadly not very likely

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With us getting ' pillaged ' by Chelsea I must admit I'm particularly indifferent to the fortunes of Maupay and Bissouma. By contrast I'd fantasise about Cucurella somehow being complicit in a Chelsea melt down that hastens Potter's gang to be shown the door ASAP! Sadly not very likely

Ben White?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With De Zerbi almost always playing just one up front I think it would be quite likely he would have found himself in exactly the same situation, being second choise behind Welbeck.

Might not be De Zerbi. Still nothing announced and Juve looking in all kinds of trouble today,

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Might not be De Zerbi. Still nothing announced and Juve looking in all kinds of trouble today,

True. Lots point in that direction though.

But yeah probably depends on the new manager. If someone who likes to play two up front would have arrived, there would probably be a lot better chance of Maupay signing a contract. Regardless of manager, I don't think he is someone who would accept being a backup player for an extended amount of time.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As we learned though, he is so much better when he shoots instinctively - lovely finish

Classic Petit shitehouse, miss a sitter last week, score a cracker this :thumbsup:

But before we all get misty eyed, there are far better players than Neal who would be on the bench at the Albion given Danny's form this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here