Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This quote from Graham Potter suggests that Neal was a pain in his arse.

"I would say in terms of our relationship as two human beings. I have a lot of respect for Neal, he is a determined character, he knows his own mind, he has got his strong beliefs which is good for a coach because they can test your own," he said.

"You have compromise, you have to respect, you have trust, you have to be honest - all the things that I think are really important for being a coach, you have to be that with Neal."

Sounds very diplomatic to me.

That's aarrrr Graham. Like a circle with the corners smoothed off.

This quote from Graham Potter suggests that Neal was a pain in his arse.

"I would say in terms of our relationship as two human beings. I have a lot of respect for Neal, he is a determined character, he knows his own mind, he has got his strong beliefs which is good for a coach because they can test your own," he said.

"You have compromise, you have to respect, you have trust, you have to be honest - all the things that I think are really important for being a coach, you have to be that with Neal."

Sounds very diplomatic to me.

Think your close to the mark in what you say. Neil needed to be playing and seemed to strop when he wasn't. All players do but it's how they do it that possibly didn't wash with Graham!?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good luck Neal.

When you score, you know exactly what to do to those scousers!
4ce79c01b77dea1f5ec49bb89a7469a2.jpg

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
He looks very nervous and/or a bit lost...

[tweet]1566008701668020224[/tweet]

Am I the only one who watches players arriving (not Maupay here) wearing their headphones and think, take that off - that's incredibly rude. Say hello to a few people and engage.

It's probably just my own weirdness but I've always hated it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Am I the only one who watches players arriving (not Maupay here) wearing their headphones and think, take that off - that's incredibly rude. Say hello to a few people and engage.

They are transitioning from one safe space ‘the coach’ to another ‘the dressing room’. I don’t think they are being rude intentionally, I think that they are focused. It’s not a press conference or fans signing event.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Good luck Maups - I loved him for the Albion. Could never understand the grief he got from a section of 'fans' on here and in the ground. Hope he has a great season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

No, no you're not :thumbsup:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
What? Never heard anyone turn on him in the ground.

There were a few sitting round me would give it some about him- same with Stephens and various others over the years. Tiny minority of course. Same as on here.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

I’m guessing they’re trying to get in “the zone” for the match but yeah a thumbs up to some kids would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here