Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Which does make the signing of Undav a bit of a mystery.

I was about to say you need little slot merchant to thrown on at the end when you need a goal. Then I remembered they were the exact conditions vs Newcastle and we didn't.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can’t see the full article in the Argus but Potter headline says that he doesn’t think Maupay is desperate to leave.

Well I’m happy about that

Having listened to GP’s presser for Sundays game he also states we aren’t in a hurry for him to leave and that he’ll be in the squad for Sunday

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Probably because a replacement hasn’t arrived yet.

And should arrive before any Maupay sale, preferably to a club not in the Prem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can’t see the full article in the Argus but Potter headline says that he doesn’t think Maupay is desperate to leave.

Well I’m happy about that

If it is a good chance (to leave) he will miss it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Him being in the squad today kind of indicates he might have turned down the clubs that were in for him. Could see him stay now.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Him being in the squad today kind of indicates he might have turned down the clubs that were in for him. Could see him stay now.

think it's a bit of a stretch to say it's indicative of him turning them down. think it's more likely that there's just nothing agreed at this stage and he isn't kicking the door down to leave, so no good reason we shouldn't have our top scorer in the squad. still think he'll be gone by september

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Have a horrible feeling he’ll be very successful there. Always thought he’d be better as a second striker, and playing off Mitrovic could be perfect for him.

But Fulham don’t play with two strikers - don’t get the impression he’s be happy playing wide left having to track back. Welbeck did that for us when NM played through the middle

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Part of me isn't too fussed if NP goes, but another part of me would love to see him get a run of games and regain that spark and form that he's had for the majority of the time he's been around. He brings a lot to the team, beyond his goals and does seem add a little extra spice to proceedings. With Undav not being fancied/trusted to start games (understandably, I guess), Maupay could still, as they say, do a job.

But I still think he'll go, partly because (and I'm basing this on NOTHING) the alternative is him walking away for free in the summer.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
But Fulham don’t play with two strikers - don’t get the impression he’s be happy playing wide left having to track back. Welbeck did that for us when NM played through the middle

I don’t think the better managers have only one way of playing these days. Could easily see Maupay playing where Stansfield or De Cordova Reed played yesterday. He’d occupy the CBs freeing up space for the rest of the attackers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Part of me isn't too fussed if NP goes, but another part of me would love to see him get a run of games and regain that spark and form that he's had for the majority of the time he's been around. He brings a lot to the team, beyond his goals and does seem add a little extra spice to proceedings. With Undav not being fancied/trusted to start games (understandably, I guess), Maupay could still, as they say, do a job.

But I still think he'll go, partly because (and I'm basing this on NOTHING) the alternative is him walking away for free in the summer.

I think anyone who expected Deniz Undav to just walk straight into our starting eleven on day one at Old Trafford was terribly naive. He is brand new to this level of football, and l'm sure will be introduced, Potter style, into the team slowly. This is only our third game of the season after all.

Neal Maupay? yes l think he probably does still have a role to play here, but he is in the final year of his contract, so if another club makes any kind of decent offer for him l think we may well accept it. Otherwise of course come next summer, he walks away for free.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don’t think the better managers have only one way of playing these days. Could easily see Maupay playing where Stansfield or De Cordova Reed played yesterday. He’d occupy the CBs freeing up space for the rest of the attackers.

Indeed. In his Brentford days he was very rarely played as a lone striker, and to my mind we have never really played him in his best position, just off a main target man.

Tactics and playing styles are constantly evolving though, and nowadays the old fashioned number 9 is fast becoming a dinosaur, with many managers preferring faster, more fluid and versatile players, manning the forward positions.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think anyone who expected Deniz Undav to just walk straight into our starting eleven on day one at Old Trafford was terribly naive. He is brand new to this level of football, and l'm sure will be introduced, Potter style, into the team slowly. This is only our third game of the season after all.

Neal Maupay? yes l think he probably does still have a role to play here, but he is in the final year of his contract, so if another club makes any kind of decent offer for him l think we may well accept it. Otherwise of course come next summer, he walks away for free.

Totally agree. But, on your first point, this is NSC (and/or football fans) - pretty sure another blank today and they'll be a few people grumbling about 'Potter OUT' and 'Should of started Undav 2day' :dunce:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

He’ll get three very good offers on the last day of the window from Fulham, Everton and probably Forest.

We’ve agreed the £15m fee so it’s just him and his agent trying to get the best deal currently. He won’t stay here as 3rd choice, absolutely no way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here