Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It’s perfectly possible that there’s a middle ground here. It would be odd if Maupay was anything other than unhappy right now. He’s been dropped, the team are playing well without him, and Undav is coming. So his game time is limited and is likely to get worse. But it’s also possible he hasn’t thrown his toys out the pram. In fact, more than likely given he’s still being picked to come on as a sub. But I’d think at his age he’ll want to play regularly and may decide it’s best to move away in the summer to do so. But the tunnel stuff looks a nothing story.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s perfectly possible that there’s a middle ground here. It would be odd if Maupay was anything other than unhappy right now. He’s been dropped, the team are playing well without him, and Undav is coming. So his game time is limited and is likely to get worse. But it’s also possible he hasn’t thrown his toys out the pram. In fact, more than likely given he’s still being picked to come on as a sub. But I’d think at his age he’ll want to play regularly and may decide it’s best to move away in the summer to do so. But the tunnel stuff looks a nothing story.

And yet we'll all be back next week.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All this mention of Undav, what about Mitoma ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No idea why so many of our fans (and Warren) need a ‘hate’ figure ? Did it to Barnes and now Maupay. Very odd ‘support’

I think Warren also made a thing after Southampton ? That Maupay went straight down the tunnel after the whistle - he did with all the unused subs , only the used players & coaches / manager went around the pitch giving a round of applause

The "lulz no way I'm hating anyone ever, I just think it is perfectly reasonable to be on this guys back 365 days a year for any possible or impossible reason" people will be in in a moment explaining to you that they do indeed support the team (at least when things are going well) and all of the players. Except this and that guy for this or that (made up) reason.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I can’t stand WA as a summariser and this weird bee in his bonnet about NM is really bizarre. If Maupay was clearly being disruptive or dismissive behind the scenes, especially multiple games in a row, he wouldn’t be on the bench. Total non story, IMO.

As others have said, I witnessed him on the pitch after the game and he looked absolutely fine. Happy, smiling and waving to the fans.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

S'obvious, innit? He either sulks or he needs a slash. Take your pick (and grab your chance to get on NSC to argue with anyone who picks the different option to you!)

Pringles ready ..................................

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can’t stand WA as a summariser and this weird bee in his bonnet about NM is really bizarre. If Maupay was clearly being disruptive or dismissive behind the scenes, especially multiple games in a row, he wouldn’t be on the bench. Total non story, IMO.

As others have said, I witnessed him on the pitch after the game and he looked absolutely fine. Happy, smiling and waving to the fans.

This, 100%

S'obvious, innit? He either sulks or he needs a slash. Take your pick (and grab your chance to get on NSC to argue with anyone who picks the different option to you!)

His actions on the pitch post-match would be absolutely bizarre for someone having a sulk. He couldn’t stop smiling.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
He did go down the tunnel just after lamptey came on…. Gave the Leeds fans some stick as he went down the tunnel…. They gave it back…. Then 5 mins later he was back out on the bench…. Was then on the pitch at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
He did go down the tunnel just after lamptey came on…. Gave the Leeds fans some stick as he went down the tunnel…. They gave it back…. Then 5 mins later he was back out on the bench…. Was then on the pitch at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if he needed a pee that bad, what would he have done if he had been the third sub and had to go on?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On the contrary Andy Naylor has reported this.

Graham Potter, asked why the unused Neal Maupay disappeared down the tunnel ten minutes before the final whistle: "I have no idea, but I would imagine because we'd made our three subs I think he went to the toilet.
"He came back at the end. Sometimes that happens.“

see my post above....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Is it too early to say, Lauren Asteral, do **** off?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The "lulz no way I'm hating anyone ever, I just think it is perfectly reasonable to be on this guys back 365 days a year for any possible or impossible reason" people will be in in a moment explaining to you that they do indeed support the team (at least when things are going well) and all of the players. Except this and that guy for this or that (made up) reason.

This.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It’s all very Glen Murray at Brentford isn’t it? Fans thought they could abuse him for going straight in without clapping them, but then came out later.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
So if he needed a pee that bad, what would he have done if he had been the third sub and had to go on?

Fake an injury and head to changing room for a blatter (not the former head of FIFA) break. When Neal was asked if he had taken care of everything he said "everything Sepp Blatter." "I forgot why I went to the changing room."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here