Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It’s an actual thing but doubt the club calls it a No Dickheads policy. For the life of me I can’t recall who revealed it in an interview but they said the club wouldn’t sign a player who’d be disruptive in the dressing room even if they were a great player. It became known as the No Dickheads policy. Hopefully someone will recall the actual details of who and what they said.

I vaguely remember Australian cricket teams talking about similar . So maybe matt Ryan ?
I would defo take a complete dickhead if he could score at home !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I vaguely remember Australian cricket teams talking about similar . So maybe matt Ryan ?
I would defo take a complete dickhead if he could score at home !

We had Andone :lolol::lolol:

Maupay has undoubtedly missed several easy chances (and equally buried a few very difficult ones), but we’ve lost or not gained just as many points because defenders made errors, our midfield (Groß, Bissouma, Lallana, March, Moder) in particular have contributed hardly any goals at all, Trossard has missed sitters, our wingbacks have scored basically none, our CBs have missed decent heading chances etc etc etc. The dickheads are those that constantly slag Neal off IMO.

He needs a striking partner that he can develop a proper partnership with - might have been Welbz if he wasn’t unavailable so often.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It’s about options isn’t it at our level. Very few strikers get you 15+ in a PL season, and many of them their form comes and goes. Crucially it’s about the other options you have. If others had taken their gilt edge chances, we’re not talking about Maupay so much, and Maupay is feeling less pressure.

Even yesterday, it could have been same old Brighton on 75mins when we give the ball away overplaying it and they flash a ball across the box that is a stud length from being 1 down. As it is, our typical narrative is turned upside down when the opposition conspire to deflect a ball into our path.

understated view. focus falls on Maupay as there is insufficent contribution from others and insufficent strikers. they've all missed multiple sitters yet some reason draw attention to Maupay's record... which is actually far better than anyone elses.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Neal has played a massive part in what looks like being our best ever top flight season. His late equalisers - notably vs our Croydon chums and the audacious overhead kick vs Chelsea - will live long in the memory. He is a tireless trier who is desperate to do all he can for the team. Yes, he's missed a few, but, as noted by several, most strikers do. Just how many 20 plus goals per season are there in the PL each season?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We had Andone :lolol::lolol:

Maupay has undoubtedly missed several easy chances (and equally buried a few very difficult ones), but we’ve lost or not gained just as many points because defenders made errors, our midfield (Groß, Bissouma, Lallana, March, Moder) in particular have contributed hardly any goals at all, Trossard has missed sitters, our wingbacks have scored basically none, our CBs have missed decent heading chances etc etc etc. The dickheads are those that constantly slag Neal off IMO.

He needs a striking partner that he can develop a proper partnership with - might have been Welbz if he wasn’t unavailable so often

Absolutely. Hopefully we will have The USG striker, Neal , Welbeck and , crucially, one more high quality striker next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Neal has played a massive part in what looks like being our best ever top flight season. His late equalisers - notably vs our Croydon chums and the audacious overhead kick vs Chelsea - will live long in the memory. He is a tireless trier who is desperate to do all he can for the team. Yes, he's missed a few, but, as noted by several, most strikers do. Just how many 20 plus goals per season are there in the PL each season?

Kane and Salah. We aren’t spending 150m.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I'm sure he'll be back involved soon when Welbeck feels some soreness. Presumably with Lamptey going off and Bissouma's yellow the side for Wednesday and next Saturday will look very different

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Not long enough to remember the overhead was v West Ham :lolol: :lolol:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

In answer to the OP’s question, today - mis control the ball, give the ball away, make poor runs, get in his team mates way.

So frustrating to watch, he’s a level below his team mates. As a former Albion player said to me today, he’s a Championship striker.

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
In answer to the OP’s question, today - mis control the ball, give the ball away, make poor runs, get in his team mates way.

So frustrating to watch, he’s a level below his team mates. As a former Albion player said to me today, he’s a Championship striker.

You missed off storm off down the tunnel at FT again!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

The worst thing he did today was not bothering to chase the through ball in the area when he may have been even money to get there first.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I do start to wonder if his days with us are numbered. Undav looks like a similar type of replacement for next season, and if we do sell Biss and maybe one other player this summer, then hopefully those funds could be used on another new face up front. Maybe go for Diaz from Blackburn? I know his goals have dried up a bit lately but he is a good age.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The worst thing he did today was not bothering to chase the through ball in the area when he may have been even money to get there first.

Say what you want about Neal Maupay but "not bothering to chase" is... nope.

Think it was obvious when the pass came that he thought "do I control this and pass it to Welbeck or do I go with it and finish" and the hesitation delayed any action and the ball just ran away. Not great obviously.

Thought both Maupay and Welbeck were fine today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here