Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Who knows if Potter has reached tipping point with Maupay, but I know I have. Since the start of the year I've become more and more frustrated with his performance - he seems to want two touches to set himself up to shoot - and all too often his first touch is something he has to chase after. If Connolly had stayed fit, I honestly think that if he'd played all the minutes that Maupay did, he would have scored more goals than Maupay (and I say that while still maintaining he should go out on loan to the Championship - or even League 1 - next season, whether he likes it or not).

I concur.
I think NP's confidence is completely shot to the extent that he's broken. His body language after he missed Ali's cross yesterday spoke volumes, to the extent that Lallana had to go across and reassure him (which was great to see).
As much as I hate to say it I think he needs to be loaned out to get his confidence back, or perhaps just replaced. I don't understand how/why he seems to be a first choice player while (maybe) other potentially better options are on the bench.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I concur.
I think NP's confidence is completely shot to the extent that he's broken. His body language after he missed Ali's cross yesterday spoke volumes, to the extent that Lallana had to go across and reassure him (which was great to see).
As much as I hate to say it I think he needs to be loaned out to get his confidence back, or perhaps just replaced. I don't understand how/why he seems to be a first choice player while (maybe) other potentially better options are on the bench.

I think he was telling him 'Good effort mate, I would have missed it completely !!'

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We need to employ 2 permanent scouts sat outside Brentford and Peterborough’s training grounds. Soon as any unheard of striker is signed, double the offer and get em to Shoreham instead. It’s a numbers game and eventually one will pay off. These 2 clubs seem to be able to find promising striker after promising new striker talent again and again. Know CMS & Maupay didn’t work out but others might!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Like most things there is no simple answer Maupay is a decent player but he is not a great player, nothing wrong with that. I think there is a combination to his own shortcomings and those of the team as a whole. To me he is not an out and out striker more of a number 10 good at supporting but not at leading the line however he is trying to do this role and getting more frustrated by the game at his own failings.
Add to that the rest of the teams complete inability to find the net he is taking all the burden of goals on his own shoulders.
I would like an upgrade to Maupay but we will need some luck to find a better player with our budget.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
GOALS. Lots and lots of GOALS. GOALS.

GOALS to the right of them, GOALS to the left of them, GOALS BEHIND THEM, volleyd GOALS and THUNDER GOALS.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
GOALS. Lots and lots of GOALS. GOALS.

GOALS to the right of them, GOALS to the left of them, GOALS BEHIND THEM, volleyd GOALS and THUNDER GOALS.

I didn’t realise this was a competition to validate your previous opinions. A clock is correct twice every day but wrong for the other 23 hours or so.

NM is an excellent support striker, we still need someone to lead the line.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Loved the way the second biggest litte b'stard on the books didn't celebrate his goal :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tonight’s goal was the very definition of an old skool BELTER!

Pick.That.Out

Well played Neal. Encore une fois!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

7 goals and not half way yet. He’s having a great season

His interviews are always great to. Speaks so well, we are lucky to have him despite what the noisy minority say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here