Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NBA - oh god no...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ep2 now done.

The first of many 'Beast Mode' games - awesome.

Now I'm really hoping Trumpleton does appear:-

6c8a926b517449eaa275bdc2a0f57198_md.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched episodes 3 & 4.

There's no way this documentary should be as funny as it is, absolute class.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Episode 3 focusing on Rodman was an eye opener, I can't image any of the Albion players going awol partying and just being accepted back.

Know your man.

The side glances and smirks as the players watched MJ retell the story said it all.

"If you're getting ready for work this morning then you probably aren't the Bulls coach, as he was sacked last night". :lolol:

Great way to start the news.

It's a great in-depth insight into so many facets of that era, the individuals, their backgrounds and above all MJ himself.

And remember Rodman played for a short while for the Brighton Bears under Nick Nurse .....crowds packed the Triangle and Brighton Centre to watch him and what did the league do ... fine the team - Nurse left - ended up at the Raptors and the rest is history.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's a great series and I'm annoyed at having to wait for the next Ep. I'm glad Horace Grant has finally made an appearance; I had a Grant 54 shirt back in the day and all the knobheads round Preston Park courts told me that I'd accidentally got the wrong numbers on it. Know nowt goons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a great series and I'm annoyed at having to wait for the next Ep. I'm glad Horace Grant has finally made an appearance; I had a Grant 54 shirt back in the day and all the knobheads round Preston Park courts told me that I'd accidentally got the wrong numbers on it. Know nowt goons.

He was great.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

This fantastic documentary has rekindled my interest in the NBA...

Ordered a 76ers Iversen number 3 jersey and wish it would restart soon...

Up to number 8 in the doc and so much i didnt know about Jordan....Spoiler alert...

His Father getting shot dead, playing baseball for Birmingham (Al), his mug punting etc etc....

Love the doc, brilliant

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

This fantastic documentary has rekindled my interest in the NBA...

Ordered a 76ers Iversen number 3 jersey and wish it would restart soon...

Up to number 8 in the doc and so much i didnt know about Jordan.

How are you at number 8?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shiver me timbers (allegedly)

Blimey I didn't even think to hoist the Jolly Roger as they're not even released.

I might have a rummage around and see what I can find.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1255199193108566028[/tweet]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just watched episodes 5 and 6, both just as good as the previous 4.

Focus this time is on the Barcelona Olympics, the 2nd and 3rd titles and MJ's gambling.

As everyone would have expected the toughest games for the Dream Team were the practice games ahead of the Olympics.

valiantjames

Apr 23, 2020
It's a great in-depth insight into so many facets of that era, the individuals, their backgrounds and above all MJ himself.

And remember Rodman played for a short while for the Brighton Bears under Nick Nurse .....crowds packed the Triangle and Brighton Centre to watch him and what did the league do ... fine the team - Nurse left - ended up at the Raptors and the rest is history.

I had a Grant 54 shirt back in the day and all the knobheads round Preston Park courts told me that I'd accidentally got the wrong numbers on it. Know nowt goons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched 5 earlier.

I don't think I knew the whole story behind "Republican's wear sneakers too".
I didn't know such a loathsome individual was involved.

Watching Obama dance around the message was fun and very diplomatic - very Presidential. :lol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What a brilliant series, just watched the episodes covering MJs 18 months in baseball and his return to the Bulls.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"way to go, Craig!"

:lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not particularly a basketball fan, although I have overwhelming nostalgia for NBA in late 90s due to playing NBA Jam on SNES a lot (all about Utah Jazz - Stockton and Malone the perfect combo of 3pointers and dunking).

This series is great. Interviews with the former pros are enjoyably candid and laid back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here