Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NBA - oh god no...

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
'Buzzer beater'.

A term I have never heard anyone say.
Me neither. Never even read it anywhere before now.......
Now you have
db22ebaa573c2443d67836b9b31c25c5.jpg

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Anyone watching the Playoffs?

Rather see someone other than Warriors win but I hope they beat the moaning Rockets.

I'm cheering on Portland

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anyone watching the Playoffs?

Rather see someone other than Warriors win but I hope they beat the moaning Rockets.

I'm cheering on Portland

Yes been watching, the trouble with your wish of the Warriors not winning is the form of Kevin Durant.

There have been a few accidental injuries in the last couple of games with broken noses, bloody eyes, and to think some still see it as a non contact sport.

Would like to see the Raptors take the title purely down to Nick Nurse but expect they will come up short

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Yes been watching, the trouble with your wish of the Warriors not winning is the form of Kevin Durant.

There have been a few accidental injuries in the last couple of games with broken noses, bloody eyes, and to think some still see it as a non contact sport.

Would like to see the Raptors take the title purely down to Nick Nurse but expect they will come up short
Yeah Durant is dominating, taken over LeBron as the best player. Not sure who, other than Kawhi, could actually get close to shutting him down

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I'd rather they get knocked out, so everyone in Toronto loses interest in basketball for another year.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So its finally happened.

Sky Sports have bought the rights to the NBA. The singlemost boring, INSUFFERABLE sport on the planet is now going to be polluting our pub screens and living rooms from Wednesday onwards. OK, I appreciate I can largely avoid this new netball channel, but you just know that from now on, SSN (which I do watch quite a bit), will be absolutely FESTOONED with highly tedious multiple updates, highlights and roundups showing us a load of 7 foot freaks jogging back and forth, nonchalantly plopping a ball into a net, for teams I have never heard of, playing a game that nobody likes, in front of an entirely indifferent and nonplussed UK audience. ANY sport that ends up with a score of 110-116 because its such a piece of PISS to score in, is by definition simply not worth watching. You might as well televise shooting fish in a barrel. I would rather spend my night watching a pan of boiled broccoli than waste it by subjecting myself to this fingers-down-the-chalkboard excruciatingly dull squeekball-fest.

Hey Sky - instead of MLS, Eredivisie and (god help us) NBA, how about getting a bit of Champions League or FA Cup football back, instead of throwing this complete and utter DRECK at us.

Sake.
Have you got your tickets for the Harlem Globetrotters on Sunday at the Centre...?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'd rather they get knocked out, so everyone in Toronto loses interest in basketball for another year.

The Leafs duly obliged for Hockey, got to give the masses something to celebrate!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ferrari’s problem with their injection system control unit did it for me.
It takes something special to get me in the garden picking up the dog shit.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Yeah Durant is dominating, taken over LeBron as the best player. Not sure who, other than Kawhi, could actually get close to shutting him down

Giannis, should the Bucks reach the finals?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I agree it's not the greatest sport in the world, but it sure beats F1, darts, snooker, anything to do with horses, athletics, swimming, golf. I'm sure there are others.

Now, if you said "the most boring, insufferable TEAM sport", then I might be closer to agreeing with you.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I watched a bit of the play offs in the US recently. Orlando on the tellybox and being there I thought people might care. No one was watching it.

Bounce bounce bounce. Basket
*legs it up other end* Basket
Gives ball to big geezer. Bounce bounce bounce Basket.
Crowd go mad and eat fast food.

I tried to watch it but have decided it's the worst team game known to man. I'll watch the rounders next time.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree it's not the greatest sport in the world, but it sure beats F1, darts, snooker, anything to do with horses, athletics, swimming, golf. I'm sure there are others.

Now, if you said "the most boring, insufferable TEAM sport", then I might be closer to agreeing with you.

I give you....Cycling!
Watching 100 + blokes in lycra cycling for 100 kilometres ,whilst it shows they have great endurance, but boring as heck!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I watched a bit of the play offs in the US recently. Orlando on the tellybox and being there I thought people might care. No one was watching it.

Bounce bounce bounce. Basket
*legs it up other end* Basket
Gives ball to big geezer. Bounce bounce bounce Basket.
Crowd go mad and eat fast food.

I tried to watch it but have decided it's the worst team game known to man. I'll watch the rounders next time.

As opposed to a team sport where it's often kick kick kick for no score. For some teams up to 12 hours without a goal...

Anything has been better than watching this dross football our team plays for a while now.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I give you....Cycling!
Watching 100 + blokes in lycra cycling for 100 kilometres ,whilst it shows they have great endurance, but boring as heck!

The only reason I watch cycling, like Tour De France and Giro is because it is a great travel show.
I like looking at all the villages and scenery that they go through and you get to see what the countries are like in places away from the tourist Spots you would probably never go to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here