Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor has 10 suggestions for the Albion..

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
All of those ten points may well be obvious to anyone who's been paying attention, but he's still nailed it nonetheless in a very good article there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think we can spend up to the FFP limit (with better recruitment effectiveness) and do what Naylor says.
??? :laugh:

Buy someone with Ward/Upson level of proven quality, a decent centre half, a creative spark to replace Teixeira, 1 or 2 new wingers, 2 or more high quality strikers, and those need to be purchases, except maybe one or two season long loans. Oh, and some of them need to be leaders too. Without breaking FFP! I don’t think so.

Feb 14, 2010
It is not a 10 point plan, it is a 10 point wish list. Players cost money. It's so very Brighton & Hove Albion. We have the biggest or one of the biggest support / gates in the division but we still dont have the money to have one of the best sides in the division. Nothing changes, ever was thus. A well supported club but with a sh!t side. Reasons these days include parachute payments but that is not the full picture because we also cant assemble a side better than Brentford or Bournemouth either. That is not budget, just bad judgement in the transfer market. It is all so typically Brighton, but none of us, whether you, me or Andy Naylor has the right to spend Bloom's money for him and as we all know, it would be Bloom who would have to pay for this 10 point plan / wish list.

what are the rules again? It appears that very little teams are sticking to theses and they are managing to do well.[/QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by L'hampton Eagle View Post
Still no £50 Remf bets that Palace stay up No matter how many times I offer the bet just like last season none of you have the Cojones to step up.
The bright side I suppose is if we do go down we get to come to humilate you at the Amex again or beat you again in a play off semi or even a play off better final
Lets face it it's unlikely we'll play you in the prem is it?

Pm me if you want the £50 Remf am that confident we'll stay up I will take two bets or one at £100

Booked. I'll have £50 with you.

Dripping pan yearly charity match between our fans this week please pay up the £50 :thumbsup:to Remf
There's a good lad

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
what are the rules again? It appears that very little teams are sticking to theses and they are managing to do well.[/QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by L'hampton Eagle View Post
Still no £50 Remf bets that Palace stay up No matter how many times I offer the bet just like last season none of you have the Cojones to step up.
The bright side I suppose is if we do go down we get to come to humilate you at the Amex again or beat you again in a play off semi or even a play off better final
Lets face it it's unlikely we'll play you in the prem is it?

Pm me if you want the £50 Remf am that confident we'll stay up I will take two bets or one at £100

Booked. I'll have £50 with you.

Dripping pan yearly charity match between our fans this week please pay up the £50 :thumbsup:to Remf
There's a good lad

I will pay my bet because I'm not like the rest of your welching fans, Oh you might wanna get of your high horse has you might get a nose bleed. :thumbsup: There's a Good boy!

What are the bank details for me to transfer money over anyone?

I will pay my bet because I'm not like the rest of your welching fans, Oh you might wanna get of your high horse has you might get a nose bleed. :thumbsup: There's a Good boy!

Fair play, I've always donated to Remf almost every season and with Warnock in charge was probably mad to offer it but I would have happily taken the £100 or two bets and coughed up if we'd gone down.

What are the bank details for me to transfer money over anyone?

https://www.justgiving.com/roberteatonmemorialfund/

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It is not a 10 point plan, it is a 10 point wish list. Players cost money. It's so very Brighton & Hove Albion. We have the biggest or one of the biggest support / gates in the division but we still dont have the money to have one of the best sides in the division. Nothing changes, ever was thus. A well supported club but with a sh!t side. Reasons these days include parachute payments but that is not the full picture because we also cant assemble a side better than Brentford or Bournemouth either. That is not budget, just bad judgement in the transfer market. It is all so typically Brighton, but none of us, whether you, me or Andy Naylor has the right to spend Bloom's money for him and as we all know, it would be Bloom who would have to pay for this 10 point plan / wish list.

I don't think it's purely bad judgement, although that's clearly played a part. Bournemouth and Brentford had sides that have been together in getting promoted from League One with a few additions. We've had our side ripped apart and it's easy to point fingers but that's what happens when good sides don't go up, the players tend to get poached. I think it's harder to rebuild a side than it is too compliment an existing side. Plus, once you've been at this level for a few seasons a bigger % of the budget gets tied up in the players wages. The clubs who are newer to this division still have players on League 1 wages (with perhaps a small promotion wage increase) which gives them a little bit more flexibility in the market.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I wonder if anyone will come up with a tedious list of 5 things we have 'learnt' about this season :whistle:

A tedious list of 5 things we have 'learnt' about this season:

1. It takes a lot longer to get served a beverage in the WSC than it does in the North!
2. My other half refuses to attend matches anymore because we are s**t
3. Arrgh! this is so tedious I can't be f**ked to do 5

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Where's the proof bet was honoured????

Here is the proof, shame your mates don't honor their bets, maybe you should pay up some for them as your are so keen to get the money from people for bets made? I don't think you would tho cause that means dipping in to your pocket for charity :thumbsup:

Bet.png

I would have happily paid the £100 had Palace gone down it was you who accepted the bet
so I say well done for paying up.

:clap2:

I'll double it with you if you want for next season? £100 or the same £50?

I always sponsor people for good causes even on Nsc however I know there are dick heads who vanish not only Palace trolls but also Bha fans.

Let me know if the bet is on

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Point 7 - Do transfer business early.

No indications so far that anything has changed on this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is still pretty bloody early! The window has only been open, what, a week?
Signing now and at the beginning of pre-season really makes no difference. So don't get your knickers in a twist just yet.
Sadly a lot of other teams have been signing players for the last 2-3 weeks.

Only 25 days until we jet off for training camp.

8? weeks until season start. Including player replacements we'll need to be signing 8+ new players. Shall we do them all close to season start / on transfer deadline day ? ???

Naylor was spot on, but the early indications are that nothing has changed from last summer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Although the rumours - Murphy, the unpronounceable Iranian, and now maybe Ward as well - all have a ring of credibility about them. Not saying we'll eventually sign all or any of them, but indications are there that the club is being busy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Is it wrong of me to hope the Albion do no business until August, just so I can watch NSC meltdown?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Did anyone really believe the club would? Why change the habit of a lifetime? Everything is looking all too depressingly familiar to me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it wrong of me to hope the Albion do no business until August, just so I can watch NSC meltdown?
No, of course not, if you find that fun.

I prefer to watch the new players at the July friendlies myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here